PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where I can find

libertygranny
01-04-2011, 03:32 PM
oil for hurricane lamps? Walmart used to sell it, but they don't anymore. We are running a bit low and I'd like to get some more before we forget and completely run out.

Charlene
01-04-2011, 03:54 PM
I just bought some at my Walmart (SE, KS). They had it in two departments - hunting/sport and home department where they sell candles.

Good luck.

prairiemom
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Most of the hardware stores around here have it.

4evermama
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Most of your farm supplies stores will carry it. We have Wilco and Coastal out here. I've also seen it around at local hardware stores, but the cost in greater there.

signseeker
01-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Maybe Cal-Ranch if you have one of those. Or Cabela's?

libertygranny
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Well, I live in PC CA, so it must not be PC to use the stuff. We have looked at Walmart: home and camping dept; local hardware store (where the guy gave my hubbie a weird look and wanted to know what a hurricane lamp was!), will check bigger hunting and camping stores when we venture down the hill as there are none here where we live.

You'd think in earthquake prone CA where they ask the citizens to be prepared for earthquakes, one store around here would sell preparedness stuff!!!!

KF7EEC
01-04-2011, 11:38 PM
I just bought some at my Walmart (SE, KS). They had it in two departments - hunting/sport and home department where they sell candles.

Good luck.

where in Southeast, Kansas are you?