PDA

View Full Version : Potato recipes!!

signseeker
02-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Alright, we've got a thread for rice recipes and that's good. But when the rice runs out, it's gone. Unless you have a rice paddy in the back, most of us probably don't live in a climate compatible with growing rice. BUT - many of us could probably grow potatoes! :hurray:

So... how do you store potatoes? Do you grow potatoes?

Here's a recipe that we like for breakfast:

LATKE's (or Potato Cakes or Spud Patties or whatever name you like)

2-3 potatoes, peeled and grated into bowl
1 egg
1/4 C. flour
salt and pepper or ~2 t. season salt

Heat up bacon grease :) in pan on medium heat. Mix above ingredients and place by scoops into hot pan. Pat scoop into patty with fork. When you see the edges browned, flip over. Makes 6-8. It's like a hashbrown patty, basically. Good with ketchup or salsa or whatever dip you like.
*Don't try to keep the mix for later... the egg separates quickly (stir before you scoop) and the potatoes will brown. But you can re-heat latke's in the microwave later.

threepercent
02-17-2011, 03:46 PM
hey, this is just what I need, recipes for the INSIDES of a potato. I like to make potato boats and need good recipes for the parts I take out.

signseeker
02-17-2011, 05:20 PM
I made potato soup the other day and used a big tupperware of leftover mashed potatoes to thicken it up. There was only 1 or 2 cut up potatoes in it, the rest was corn, celery, broccoli... everyone loved it. Texture was good.

Noahs ARK
02-18-2011, 05:01 PM
hey, this is just what I need, recipes for the INSIDES of a potato. I like to make potato boats and need good recipes for the parts I take out.

I like to mash the inside of the potato, combine with shredded cheddar, chopped (cooked) bacon & chopped green onions. Put it back in the oven for a few minutes. Then add whatever toppings we have in the frig - sour cream, salsa.

Maybe I'll have that for dinner tonight. :l0 (17):