PDA

View Full Version : Nutella Recipes...

Noahs ARK
04-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Nutella Banana Brioche Bread Pudding

<LI class=ingredient>Cooking spray or butter, for the pan <LI class=ingredient>1 (13-ounce) container Nutella <LI class=ingredient>12 (3/4-inch) thick slices brioche or egg bread <LI class=ingredient>8 large eggs <LI class=ingredient>2 cups cream <LI class=ingredient>2 cups whole milk <LI class=ingredient>2 cups sugar <LI class=ingredient>1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur (recommended: Frangelico) or amaretto <LI class=ingredient>1 tablespoon vanilla extract <LI class=ingredient>1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 ripe bananas
Spray or butter a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish.

Spread the Nutella on all your bread slices, then put 2 slices together to make 6 sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 8 pieces and toss them into a large bowl.

Crack your eggs in another large bowl and whisk in the cream, milk, sugar, hazelnut liqueur, vanilla and almond extracts. Pour this mixture over the sandwich cubes.

Now, mash your bananas and stir that into the bread cube mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Let stand at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours, occasionally pressing the bread into the custard mixture. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake until the pudding is set in the center, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm.

~~~~

I saw this on "Dessert First" this morning & thought I'd share. Will continue to find & post more Nutella recipes, as it seems quite a few of us stock it.

Please share your Nutella recipes!!

Noahs ARK
04-23-2011, 11:14 AM
http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?fnSearchString=Nutella&fnSearchType=site

Lots of recipes for Nutella here! I think I'll print up some of these.

Noahs ARK
04-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Nutella Egg Cream

Mix 2 tablespoons room-temperature Nutella and 3/4 cup milk in a glass.

Quickly stir, then pour in 1/2 cup seltzer.

JayE
04-23-2011, 09:45 PM
How about a recipe for how to make Nutella?

Earthling
04-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Jay - you have to have the real thing on this one. But wish it would work!

I just bought some dark chocolate peanut butter on Amazon - pretty good stuff!

Noahs ARK
04-23-2011, 10:11 PM
How about a recipe for how to make Nutella?

Here ya go! It won't have the same shelf-life as the 'real' Nutella, but it sounds easy enough to make.

Homemade Nutella Recipe

2 cups chopped hazelnuts (filberts)
3/4 cup to 1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder (such as Hershey's Extra Dark cocoa)
1/8 to 1/4 cup canola oil
Place hazelnuts in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until nuts start to clump together in a ball. This will take some time (about five minutes), so be patient. Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder and process again for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture turns dark and the ingredients are well combined. Now, slowly drizzle in enough oil to make a spread.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 weeks.

Makes approximately two cups of nutella (16 servings).

Noahs ARK
04-23-2011, 10:12 PM
I just bought some dark chocolate peanut butter on Amazon - pretty good stuff!

Ooooh - was it the real deal or powdered?

I bought a couple cases of powdered peanut butter last year. Regular and chocolate. 85% less fat!!

http://bellplantation.com/

P.S. Did you buy any of the Rocky Road Scones from Prepared Pantry? I made some the other day....to die for!

Earthling
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
It was real peanut butter:

http://www.amazon.com/Peanut-Butter-Co-Chocolate-16-Ounce/dp/B001GQ3E3M/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1303707523&sr=1-1

I bought one Rocky Road scone but haven't tried it yet. What I have made so far is very good - Mayan Chocolate Pancakes. I can get hooked on their products easily I can see!

prairiemom
04-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Nutella=food of the gods :001_sdrool:

JayE
04-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Here ya go! It won't have the same shelf-life as the 'real' Nutella, but it sounds easy enough to make.

Homemade Nutella Recipe

2 cups chopped hazelnuts (filberts)
3/4 cup to 1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder (such as Hershey's Extra Dark cocoa)
1/8 to 1/4 cup canola oil
Place hazelnuts in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until nuts start to clump together in a ball. This will take some time (about five minutes), so be patient. Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder and process again for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture turns dark and the ingredients are well combined. Now, slowly drizzle in enough oil to make a spread.

Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 weeks.

Makes approximately two cups of nutella (16 servings).

Thank you, now I just need a food processor.

Noahs ARK
04-25-2011, 02:54 PM
It was real peanut butter:

http://www.amazon.com/Peanut-Butter-Co-Chocolate-16-Ounce/dp/B001GQ3E3M/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1303707523&sr=1-1

I bought one Rocky Road scone but haven't tried it yet. What I have made so far is very good - Mayan Chocolate Pancakes. I can get hooked on their products easily I can see!

Thanks!!

I haven't tried the Mayan Chocolate Pancakes. I had the blueberry cream cheese pancakes the other day. You're gonna be soooooo sorry you only got 1 RR scone mix. :sneaky2:

There's only one thing I haven't liked so far from them - Praline pumpkin muffins. I normally love anything pumpkin, but these were kinda icky.

I stopped & bought more Nutella today. :frown2:

Earthling
04-25-2011, 11:53 PM
I would stock up on Nutella except with the nut content it doesn't store very well. I only have so much frig space and half of the extra frig is already cheese and the other half butter!

Noahs ARK
04-26-2011, 12:59 PM
I would stock up on Nutella except with the nut content it doesn't store very well. I only have so much frig space and half of the extra frig is already cheese and the other half butter!

Good point, but I was figuring you'd scoop it into a pint or quart jar and then "can" it for a longer shelf-life. :a0 (20):

Earthling
04-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Nutella is good but I am liking that "dark chocolate dream peanut butter" better and it is already canned. ;-)

phylm
05-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Thank you, now I just need a food processor.

There is a small inexpensive hand food processor in Emergency Essentials. Guess I'll get mine out and see what it does with hazel nuts. Can't wait for our 2 year old hazel nut trees to begin to start bearing. (Just ordered 2 English walnut trees today! Don't know if we'll live long enough to see them bear or not.) :p

Noahs ARK
05-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Nutella is good but I am liking that "dark chocolate dream peanut butter" better and it is already canned. ;-)

I just ordered some. Shhhh - don't tell my hubby! :frown2:

Earthling
05-07-2011, 10:03 PM
OK - tell me what you think of it (quietly) when you get it. :wink (2):

Noahs ARK
05-08-2011, 11:25 AM
OK - tell me what you think of it (quietly) when you get it. :wink (2):

I'm sure I'll love it. I've been craving peanut butter since I had surgery - have no idea why other than the protein.

You know....that Amazon is a dangerous place to shop. So many good things and soooooo easy to "add to cart". :001_rolleyes:

hiccups
05-08-2011, 12:04 PM
This could be a dangerous recipe for some: http://www.cookincanuck.com/2010/12/chocolate-nutella-fudge-with-sea-salt/ Nutella Fudge with Sea Salt

Noahs ARK
05-08-2011, 12:52 PM
This could be a dangerous recipe for some: http://www.cookincanuck.com/2010/12/chocolate-nutella-fudge-with-sea-salt/ Nutella Fudge with Sea Salt

Oh my gosh - it sure could be!! I'll have to give that recipe a try one of these days.

Love the link cuz it shows pictures. :l0 (57):

Earthling
05-08-2011, 10:26 PM
You know....that Amazon is a dangerous place to shop. So many good things and soooooo easy to "add to cart". :001_rolleyes:

Got that right - just got a hot deal on cashews . . . I find the current deals on slickdeals.net - they go fast.

Earthling
05-08-2011, 10:29 PM
You want the best fudge of your life and the tips to make it? First never make any fudge with sweetened condensed milk - it tastes like plastic.

Here is the link to Skaarup's fudge with many variations. This guy spent years perfecting fudge recipes. They are all incredible . . . I know cuz I tried em. :l0 (49):
http://www.skaarupfudge.com/

Noahs ARK
05-09-2011, 02:50 PM
I just saved those recipes to my Favorites. I see they have a recipe for Penuche, which is my all-time favorite.

Tx.

Noahs ARK
05-18-2011, 10:05 AM

I have a new addiction. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter. AS IF I need to find more food I love. :smash:

I made some Honey Graham Granola bread yesterday from Prepared Pantry. Put some of the peanut butter on it. *sigh* Pure Heaven.

Earthling
05-18-2011, 10:28 PM
That Prepared Pantry is a dangerous place. Can't wait to go there in July!

Noahs ARK
05-18-2011, 11:03 PM
That Prepared Pantry is a dangerous place. Can't wait to go there in July!

I'm so excited for you, but I'd go totally nuts in that store! They don't make a cart large enough to hold what I'd be buying. :nonod:

Better stock up while you're there - I saw on their website today that the minimum order for FREE delivery is now $120.

It started at $65, then $75 and now $120??

I guess I'd rather spend the money on their mixes than on shipping, tho.

I'm serious - I'll bet I have at least 200 of their mixes downstairs. :001_rolleyes: