PDA

View Full Version : Shelter that goes with you easily...

DMGNUT
04-14-2012, 09:47 AM
What about something like this?

http://fivestarrv.com/flippac/

Expensive as all heck...
but sets-up in less than a minute, keeps you off the ground in the rain, doesn't interfere with carrying stuff in your truck, and is always with you in your vehicle (If you drive a truck).
I think I'd totally love one of these, but like I said, the cost is completely unreasonable.
Figure $300 for a good tent, $1000 for a good camp shell... so how do they justify $5000+ for this (I still think its a great idea)?

constable01
04-14-2012, 01:39 PM
And to think you could just sleep under the truck cap itself!!!

Aldon
04-14-2012, 07:51 PM
It looks like the front supports are resting on the hood. If that is the case, I would think there is better than even chance of damage.

Otherwise, not a bad idea.

DMGNUT
04-14-2012, 10:52 PM
In one of the short video clips (that shows the "set-up" and "take-down"), the clips appear to have been installed by opening the hood.
I don't think they're attached to the hood itself...

Earthling
04-15-2012, 04:00 PM
novel ideas always cost a lot. Now if Walmart embraces it then the price will go down. :wink (2):

CurtisG
02-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Sportsmans Guide has a "budget" version of this.

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/175421_ts.jpg

ZDMZ
02-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Just don't roll out of bed!!!:frown2:

DMGNUT
02-12-2013, 06:43 PM
I have the budget version already and several others as well... but I still want one of the others (but the price means it just ain't gona happen).

Poltax
02-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Sportsmans Warehouse has a quick set up rig built on a trailer. I dont remember the name of it. Its actually kind of cool. Has canvas sides and top. Even a small kitchen area. I think its a bit overpriced,but the idea is great.

Another option is an enclosed cargo or snowmobile trailer. You could set up bunks on the side that fold up and out of the way. Even put a RV heater, air conditioner and set up for power with inverter and generator. TV, stereo the whole set up. I have started this type of set up in my enclosed snowmobile trailer. I have a 35,000 BTU RV furnace with ducting set up. Propane cylinders are set up on the tounge.