PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid Function

loquaciousmomma
11-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Has anyone used herbs or vitamins to support thyroid function? My daughter was tested and her results showed her thyroid is functioning "normally" but the numbers were borderline. I don't remember numbers, just the gist of the results. (It was several months ago.)

She is always cold, doesn't sleep well, and has adhd symptoms, including not being able to concentrate on required reading that isn't interesting. She ends up reading the same sentences several times to absorb what she is reading.

I have heard mixed opinions on kelp and iodine. Is there a reliable thyroid supportive formula that will help her to get into the normal range?

Thanks in advance!

jennvan40
11-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Supplements of selenium and magnesium help to regulate the thyroid as well. There is a book and corresponding website called stop the thyroid madness that has lots of great ideas for a variety of ways to work with thyroid problems as well as why we have thyroid problems when bloodwork isn't really abnormal. I've worked with this a ton if you have any questions, please feel free to private message me.

Dolcezza
11-27-2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.herballegacy.com/Thyroid.html

I would read the article of Dr C about thyroid.

Also, if she has hyperactivity symptoms, these can be sometimes connected to metal poisoning and leaky gut syndrome (have you noticed any allergies? In which case it's 100% she has leaky gut).

If she has metal poisoning a detox is necessary, and some chelation.

All the best,

Dolcezza

thor610
11-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Oh, yes, these symptoms are what I experienced. I went to a naturopath who does black field microscopy and he was able to diagnose my low thyroid functioning within minutes. I take a supplement that he supplies in his shop. It is made to his specifications. It is basically dehyrated thyroid from cattle with a some minerals and vitamins. However, although you can get a similar supplement in other stores, I have found that his formula is much more powerful. I only take one or two capsules of his a day to keep me in shape whereas I was having to take 6 or more of other brands and they still weren't giving me the full effect of his. If you are interested you can call Northern Nutrition at 260-768-4868 and ask about the Thyroid HP supplements. It seems to be a popular item and they keep it in stock. They do not have a website, but do mail orders.
I agree with you about "borderline" numbers. I am afraid that I would have been shown as "normal" as well and there would have been no end to my misery. Having this supplement literally changed my life for the better.
As to black field microscopy, I am a firm believer in it because it was a miracle to me and I was first skeptical. There are I believe, few people in the USA who do it, but if you can find someone who does - take advantage of it. If you have other questions I am happy to answer.

jennvan40
11-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Oh, yes, these symptoms are what I experienced. I went to a naturopath who does black field microscopy and he was able to diagnose my low thyroid functioning within minutes. I take a supplement that he supplies in his shop. It is made to his specifications. It is basically dehyrated thyroid from cattle with a some minerals and vitamins. However, although you can get a similar supplement in other stores, I have found that his formula is much more powerful. I only take one or two capsules of his a day to keep me in shape whereas I was having to take 6 or more of other brands and they still weren't giving me the full effect of his. If you are interested you can call Northern Nutrition at 260-768-4868 and ask about the Thyroid HP supplements. It seems to be a popular item and they keep it in stock. They do not have a website, but do mail orders.
I agree with you about "borderline" numbers. I am afraid that I would have been shown as "normal" as well and there would have been no end to my misery. Having this supplement literally changed my life for the better.
As to black field microscopy, I am a firm believer in it because it was a miracle to me and I was first skeptical. There are I believe, few people in the USA who do it, but if you can find someone who does - take advantage of it. If you have other questions I am happy to answer.

Do you have a link that talks about black field microscopy?

thor610
11-30-2012, 06:38 PM
The technique is also called dark field microscopy and live blood cell analysis. A search engine of the terms will bring up lots of sites, but most of them offer equipment for sale or explain how the dark field microscope works. I have yet to find a site that explains diagnoses, which if you studied biology in school can be simple to understand. This site is about the only one I could find that explains the technique simply and gives some examples: http://wellnesscottageva.com/live-cell-analysis/
The technique is so simple but so effective.