PDA

View Full Version : Question about FSP fields

acorn
01-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Is there any significance to the format of the item ID number (other than it being 5 digits)? Can any 5-digit number be used? (I've noticed that most of the preloaded items have ID numbers ranging from 32000 to 33999. The ID of some of the items I added myself is actually a negative number.) Does it have to be 5 digits, or can it be any unique integer?

BackBlast
01-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Is there any significance to the format of the item ID number (other than it being 5 digits)? Can any 5-digit number be used? (I've noticed that most of the preloaded items have ID numbers ranging from 32000 to 33999. The ID of some of the items I added myself is actually a negative number.) Does it have to be 5 digits, or can it be any unique integer?

It just needs to be unique. This is used for syncing one system with another, a feature that isn't quite prime time yet. The goal is to eventually be able to keep several computers, phones, and tablets in sync regardless of where you made a change.

I can't depend on names, aisle locations, etc, because they can change and the ID number helps me track what kind of modification you made to the database.

acorn
01-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Ok, thanks!

acorn
02-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Another question: what does the Conversion field represent? Is that the number of "servings" per Unit?