PDA

View Full Version : What Kind Of Toothpaste Do You Use?

Abracadabra
06-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Hadn't really given this much thought but what kind of toothpaste do you use? Do you use a natural toothpaste or commercial brand? If natural, what kind and why? Anyone use Tom's of Maine or Xylibrite Toothpaste?

Thank you,
Janice

iggy
06-10-2013, 12:59 AM
I've used Tom's - never really felt like it was any better than Colgate. Because of the cost I don't use it. Use Colgate, and have for decades. Since I now have upper dentures and only 6 teeth left on the lower, I will stick with Colgate. My dentist told me and hubby (Hubby has all of his teeth) not to use any that is abrasive. Brand doesn't matter - BUT to floss regularly. He also only recommends ACT mouth wash/rinse. I use it diluted 4 to 1 (1 part ACT) to clean my dentures with. Some times I use diluted Dr. Bonner liquid soap to cleanse them with. Diluted 20 to 1 (1 part soap).

The reason I have no teeth is because I had no dental care - no money to pay for it. Never flossed either. Brushed two to three times a day though. Hated mouth washes/rinses, so I never used them. Now I do. I really don't want to lose my remaining teeth.

thack
06-12-2013, 05:48 PM
I use melaleuca and it's amazing. Used it as a kid some 25 years ago and it tasted terrible. We switched over to it about a year ago and our family would never use anything else. Teeth look whiter and feel cleaner. By the way I hate multi-level so I don't sell it but the toothpast is worth the cost. Also, ACT is a must if you are going to use any mouthwash. I have terrible teath so I have to brush, floss, and use mouthwash regularly just to avoid cavities. My wife brushes and hardly ever flosses and never gets cavities. grrrrr...