PDA

View Full Version : Garlinase

Abracadabra
06-17-2013, 11:23 AM
I buy Garlinase and at one time took it faithfully. It states that one tablet is equivilent to 4 cloves of garlic. For those herbalists out there, can you tell me if this is ok to take on a daily basis for health and for prevention of cold/flu?

THX

Abracadabra
06-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Hmmmm, I'm really surprised that no one has any advice. I know there are plenty out there that are very knowledgeable with herbs.:001_ssad:

cHeroKee
06-18-2013, 03:08 PM
I'm no herbalist but things that could happen if one takes too much at one time:

nausea,
vomiting, and
diarrhea
garlic allergic

Drug Interactions:
1) Could potentially disrupt anti-coagulants, so it is best avoided before surgery.
2) Potential to react with certain prescription drugs like warfarin, antihypertensives and antiplatelets.

Abracadabra
06-18-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm no herbalist but things that could happen if one takes too much at one time:

nausea,
vomiting, and
diarrhea
garlic allergic

Drug Interactions:
1) Could potentially disrupt anti-coagulants, so it is best avoided before surgery.
2) Potential to react with certain prescription drugs like warfarin, antihypertensives and antiplatelets.

Thank you. In the past I only took 1 tablet a day. I knew it could cause problems if you had to have surgery. Thank you for the other info.