PDA

View Full Version : If I were filthy rich, like some of you, I'd sure like to have one of these.

JayE
09-19-2013, 10:44 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=26925261&nid=148&title=bountiful-store-offers-chance-to-explore-futuristic-shelter&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-3

Earthling
09-20-2013, 07:44 PM
I'd love one too! If you find a rich person Jay, let me know. The ones I know are very "tight" with their $$.

DMGNUT
06-11-2016, 09:30 AM
I don't know about that thing...
I think it would make me feel a little claustrophobic... not that it isn't a pretty good idea in some ways and for some limited situations, but I'd probably rather take my chances with the zombie hordes and hoodlums out side.
If anyone knew about it, or found it (once you sealed yourself in), they could really bide their time tearing at the door to get in... or out of spite, sealing or burying the door so you couldn't get back out... and even take their time finding and burying the escape hatch too.
And it seems like it'd be a bit slow and difficult getting in and out... not to mention how time consuming it'd be to get your stuff into it and that it'd be pretty limited on how long you could stay inside due to space constraints on how many prep items you'd be able to fit in...
Can it be locked from the outside? Or if you go out and forage, do you always leave someone behind?
And lastly, if things really have completely collapsed, where's the power source coming from that's gona run all those electric gadgets... frig, microwave, air filtration system, entertainment system, etc...?

Earthling
06-12-2016, 10:55 PM
I'd be so claustrophobic within a few hours I couldn't stand it. Reminds me of when I got an MRI and went into that skinny tube - gives me the heebee shebbies.