PDA

View Full Version : Why oil of oregano is a must-have for any survivalist, 'prepper'

cHeroKee
12-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Why oil of oregano is a must-have for any survivalist, 'prepper'
Monday, December 09, 2013 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer

NaturalNews) If a major emergency were to strike suddenly and without warning, leaving you and your family without the normal comforts of life for an indefinite period of time, would you have the tools, supplies and knowledge necessary for survival? Having extra food, water and even first aid supplies on hand is a great place to start when preparing for the worst, but what about long-term protection against infection and disease?

In their book Beyond Antibiotics: Healthier Options for Families, Michael A. Schmidt, Lendon H. Smith and Keith W. Sehnert explain how essential plant oils possess unique antimicrobial properties that naturally fight and eliminate harmful bacteria, viruses and fungi. And the essential oil of oregano in particular, which survivalists and "preppers" alike are discovering is a top choice for staying healthy during a crisis, is arguably the most potent and effective antimicrobial in the essential oil family.

Most people, if asked what they would stock their own "bug-out" bags with, would probably include basic medicines like painkillers and even antibiotics. But oil of oregano, which can be stored long-term without issue, has a leg up on traditional antibiotics, as it hits microbes where it really matters, blocking their ability to breathe. Antibiotics, on the other hand, are designed to o......

more (http://www.naturalnews.com/043170_oregano_oil_prepping_natural_antiseptic.htm l)

mirkwood
12-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I think a mix of natural remedies and medications are a good idea.

Dolcezza
12-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Careful of oregano oil, it also wipes out the good bacteria! Garlic can do better!

Rand
12-13-2013, 12:31 PM
I have always been a little wary of Oregano Oil. That may be why. Thank for that insight Dolcezza.

Dolcezza
12-13-2013, 02:22 PM
No problem, as a herbalist I try lots of things and I have been warned by many colleagues of the superpowers of oregano oil. Topical use is much better, say on a toenail fungus etc
Our guts cannot afford to lose their beneficial flora, or candida takes over and the immune system is damaged.
The care!
Dolcezza