PDA

View Full Version : What brand of Essential Oils??

Abracadabra
03-16-2014, 06:03 PM
First of all let me tell you that I know absolutely nothing about EO. But, I am thinking it might be a good idea to have a few in my cabinet. I have read that some people swear by DoTerra. I have just discovered another brand that is supposed to be 100% pure and it is called Spark Naturals. Now, I have read about smelling them to know if they are truly pure. But in my case I will be ordering online so there is no way for me to give them the "smell" test. Please tell me what companies that you know from personal experience that are 100% pure.

Thank you

Rand
03-16-2014, 09:20 PM
DoTerra is good. IT is an off shoot of another company called Young Living that is also good. I use Mountain Rose as well. I haven't heard of Spark Naturals. Most of the good companies get their oils from the same international distillers.

The problem with long term storage is that they have a limited shelf life, as I understand it, of a couple of years.

Poltax
03-17-2014, 08:54 AM
My wife uses DoTerrra. She is pretty excited about them. She has used some of the oils on me when I had a cold or flu. They seem to work.

sunsinger
03-18-2014, 08:50 PM
I have used YL, Doterra, and a few other brands. Doterra vendors tend to tell that Young Living cuts their oils or substitutes lesser quality. I have found no evidence that it is true and know people who can describe the numerous and strenuous tests at YL.
I have also had good success with a company online called ananda apothecary. The biggest advatage to Anaanda is the cost. They are not a MLM/network marketing. When testing for individual applications, i.e., biomeridian, kinesiology, etc., Ananda oils have usually tested as well or better than Doterra or Young Living.

JayE
03-19-2014, 08:20 AM
FWIW, I don't know for myself, but I have heard from others that DoTerra is better quality than Young Living. I've also heard that a lesser known brand, "Butterfly", is equal quality with DoTerra, but much cheaper.