PDA

View Full Version : Spring Is Really Coming!

cHeroKee
02-22-2008, 09:01 PM
From a friend:

Thought you might like to know: The first wave of Canadian geese just left big river at 10:00 AM. They should be at the Red River that divides Texas and Oklahoma by nightfall. If you're north of me you might start watching. SPRING IS REALLY COMING! I was so excited this AM with the air filled with all the honking, I actually managed to plant 320 onions and a big bag of shallots.

Toni
02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Thank goodness! With all the cold we've had down here, I was beginning to wonder. If it has started there, it has got to hit here, too.

skeller
02-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Today has actually given me the hope of spring. It's sunny and 43 this afternoon!

Abinadi
03-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Are you sure spring is coming? Its snowed yesterday with winds that covered the road again.
This morning was chilly again and I still have snow in the yard waist deep in places yet. Under the apple tree I can see grass and alot of work.
Are you sure its coming?
And then when its August we will want it cooler of course.

Abinadi

Kenneth
03-28-2008, 05:03 PM
where do you live at friend?

From a friend:

Thought you might like to know: The first wave of Canadian geese just left big river at 10:00 AM. They should be at the Red River that divides Texas and Oklahoma by nightfall. If you're north of me you might start watching. SPRING IS REALLY COMING! I was so excited this AM with the air filled with all the honking, I actually managed to plant 320 onions and a big bag of shallots.

cHeroKee
03-28-2008, 07:03 PM
where do you live at friend?

I am in utah county my friend is in texas.

Cowboy
03-28-2008, 10:21 PM
I have seen robins in the trees since the end of January.

Abinadi
03-29-2008, 03:22 PM
No fair...all I get is a skunk smell now and again....did see more grass though so there is hope. I am pondering where to put the fire pit so I can cook dutch oven and just cook over a fire.

Abinadi

phylm
03-29-2008, 06:51 PM
So I guess this isn't the time to tell you that I picked spinach, swiss chard and strawberries today, huh?

I can remember waiting so eagerly for spring after a long Vermont winter. Courage, friends, it will happen for you.
phylm

Cowboy
03-29-2008, 07:10 PM
So how far are you away from the center of the earth?