PDA

View Full Version : If you are in Colorado

Cowboy
02-25-2008, 04:05 PM
I received this e-mail today and have permission to post it. Cowboy

Everyone,

While perusing the internet and thinking about the nasty winter weather we're having, I stumbled across this link I wanted to share:

Changes in the Sun?s Surface to Bring Next Climate Change

"When asked about what this will mean to the average person on the street, Casey was firm,? The last time this particular cycle regenerated was over 200 years ago. I call it the ?Bi-Centennial Cycle.? It took place between 1793 and 1830, a period of extreme cold that resulted in what historian John D. Post called the ?last great subsistence crisis.? With that cold came massive crop losses, food riots, famine and disease. I believe this next climate change will be much stronger and has the potential to once more cause widespread crop losses globally with the resultant ill effects. The key difference for this next Bi-Centennial Cycle?s impact versus the last is that we will have over 8 billion mouths to feed in the next coldest years where as we had only 1 billion the last time. Among other effects like social and economic disruption, we are facing the real prospect of the ?perfect storm of global food shortages? in the next climate change. In answer to the question, everyone on the street will be affected.?

http://www.spaceandscience.net/id16.html - To read the entire article click on the press release link at the bottom of the page.

Wheat prices have jumped significantly in the last few weeks. Hard Red Spring wheat has jumped dramatically this morning. Currently trading around $20.14/bushel and has already hit a high of $20.23. A bushel = 60 lbs of wheat. This is the prices the farmers get NOT what you will pay, that will be much higher. The US is now looking at importing wheat for the first time in history. If there is bad weather that affects the spring crops we are looking at MAJOR shortages and prices that will raise the cost of EVERYTHING!

Please, please, PLEASE pray about how you can make sure your family has what they need by following the Prophets council. Prices are raising so quickly that Walton Feed will not guarantee their grain prices for more than two weeks at a time. The cannery still has good wheat prices for now but they are expected to go up in March. In Colorado there will be a co-op buy from Walton coming up. The prices are good and the variety is excellent. Pick up is scheduled for May 9th.

If you want to join the co-op contact

Claire Reed (970)663-5484 [email protected] email is the best way to reach her.

God will bless you in your efforts but you MUST make the effort first.

Cindy Witte