PDA

View Full Version : 6 Volt Battery Hack

cHeroKee
10-20-2008, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgDffMcsUU

waif69
10-21-2008, 07:58 AM
This leads to the question; what is the rating of the recovered batteries? (i.e. how long will they last as compared to brand name, off the shelf AA batteries?)

Julie
10-21-2008, 09:20 AM
This has been posted earlier and is a hoax. Do not try this at you may get hurt.

mgriffith
05-07-2010, 08:03 AM
These battery hacks are not frauds. This 12 volt battery hack is true and I use it all the time to get batteries for my key chain LED light. The sequence of pictures attached will show you these hacks are true, since I just took them a few minutes ago. I apologize for the poor quality on some of them....my camera does not take close-ups very well.

I have tried the 6 volt hack and it did not have 32 AA batteries inside, but I suspect I just need to try different manufacturers. So far, Energizer has worked for the two battery hacks I have tried.

The eight 1.5 volt button batteries for my led keychain light work great! The original batteries were much thicker, and there were only 4, which cost nearly $5 each to replace, which meant nearly $20 to replace the batteries! Using this 12 volt hack, I get eight 1.5 volt batteries, which make the LED much brighter, and it costs me much less.