PDA

View Full Version : Great for Earaches

Julie
12-12-2008, 10:31 AM
I add a little lobelia oil to this. Lobelia will stop the ear from spasming. It also makes a great treatment for croup. I would rub in on my kids chest and even give them some when they were babies and there would be no more croup. - Julie

Mullein Garlic Ear Oil Recipe #117218
Have an earache? This will help soothe. Mullein is a common plant that is seen along roadsides. It grows a tall flower spike and the leaves are soft and wooly feeling. Mullein is used for treating inflamations and swellings.It cleanses the lymphatic system generally. It is also good for earache!
by Sharon123

? day | 5 hours prep

1 bottle

* 1/4 cup mullein fresh edible flower
* 3 garlic cloves
* olive oil

1. To Prepare:.
2. Chop the garlic into small pieces. Place the garlic and mullein flowers in a small glass jar with a lid. Cover the mullein flowers with olive oil and allow to set in the sun for several days, or heat over very low heat for 4 hours. If you are using fresh mullein flowers, cover your jar with cheesecloth rather than a lid to allow moisture to escape. Strain the oil through cheesecloth and store your oil in a small dropper bottle in the refrigerator.
3. To Use:.
4. Warm the oil to body temperature by placing the bottle of oil in a glass of hot water for a few minutes. Insert 2-3 drops in the affected ear 2-3 times per day.
5. If there is fluid oozing from the ear or any chance that the ear drum is perforated do not use the ear oil and consult your doctor.

cHeroKee
12-12-2008, 10:36 AM
FYI: You will get a caloric response (nystagmus) if the temperature is not close to the body temperature.

Julie
12-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I actually do not store mine in the fridge and it keeps quite well. I sometimes put it in hot water just to make it a little warmer than room temperature.

cHeroKee
12-12-2008, 10:42 AM
I actually do not store mine in the fridge and it keeps quite well.
Let me clarify, if the temperature of the solution is either warmer or colder than the body temperature a caloric response will happen. Nothing really to worry about, other than some people will feel dizzy and possibility nauseous.

jennvan40
12-13-2008, 12:59 AM
You can also just put garlic cloves in a small jar of olive oil. My mom did that for us when we were kids and it worked well. Anytime we had ear problems she put a couple drops in and we went right to sleep. Garlic has antibiotic properties.

signseeker
12-13-2008, 09:16 AM
We use a few drops of hydrogen peroxide. Sounds weird, but it works.

(This is more for when it's just coming on... not if you're in a full-fledged infection already.)