PDA

View Full Version : Orson Hyde Quote On Sickness

mirkwood
04-22-2009, 06:17 AM
"But the word of the Lord unto us has declared that scourges in the shape of sickness shall be sent forth, beginning first at his house, and from thence they shall spread and make the nations quake." Orson Hyde (JD 16:13)

As a reminder, providentliving.org has a large section on pandemics.

Cowboy
04-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Go read it.

mirkwood
04-22-2009, 12:18 PM
http://providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,8041-1-4414-1,00.html

This is what you will find at the link:

Pandemic Preparedness Planning

The following fact sheets provide information on how individuals, families, and health care workers can help prepare for a possible flu pandemic:

Home and Family Preparedness

Personal Hygiene

Personal Protective Equipment

Infectious Disease Cleanup

Sheltering In Place

Social Distancing

Workplace Preparedness

Health Care Worker Preparedness

Note: The following links are not to official Church publications, but are provided as additional resource material.

The Center for Disease Control Web site offers pandemic flu information for individuals and families.

Brigham Young University—Idaho offers an online training video for the prevention of Avian flu.

signseeker
04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
So what does it mean - beginning first at his house? Mormons will get sick first? And how does that work, in a medical sense? Or does it just mean it will start in the US? I thought the WOW and other teachings of the Church were supposed to protect us from some of these judgments...

Aldon
04-22-2009, 02:49 PM
My interpretation is that it will be LDS and Utah.

Just as when Isaiah was speaking of the covenant people meant Israel in the past, but in latter days it means the LDS.

And when he speaks of only the daughters of Zion surviving he does not mean only the sisters although he also speaks of more women than men in the latter days, but he in my view is talking about a remnant of his chosen people. The sainst are going to get thinned out at some point.

signseeker
04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
So, how do you see this going down? Poisoning the Jell-O or something? Serious, are the LDSs going to be targeted maybe? Cuz overall I think LDSs are some of the healthiest people in the world.

Aldon
04-22-2009, 08:46 PM
It could happen any number of ways......just spin the wheel and pick one.

How about this for instance.

Keeping in mind this is totally fiction and based on nothing other than it has to start in his house first.

The Left continues to swing towards full out communisim and the conservative right continues to congeal and distance itself from those policies.

Civil distress causes us to approach anarchy and civil war at which point other countries see us as the weak animal in the herd and determine to attack....basically a target of opportunity,

However the only place that appears to have any semblence of order and leadership is UT and the mountain west. There are also important military bases which due to the local church leaders and a generally obedient civilian populace, do not have to expend all their resources on martial law. This makes these bases a higher threat to impead an attack as well. As such, they release a biological weapon in SLC and or the military bases and then plan on waltzing in and claiming the continent with no significant resistance as we are all dead or in quarantine.

Another version has then release the biological at which point we are all in quarantine or near death and the US allows the UN to come in and support as a humanitarian effort but they make use ofthe opportunity and are on our turf and we invited them.

Just too many ways that the Lord's will can be allowed to roll forth to worry about.

We need to remember we are all gonna die to get back to our heavenly father and make sure we are spritually clean enough to sit at the Celestial dinner table rather than the lesser card table in the other kingdoms.

signseeker
04-22-2009, 10:06 PM
We need to remember we are all gonna die . . .

Some are gonna' get twinkled. :seeya:

Interesting scenarios. I've always been a little puzzled about that "upon my house it shall begin" phrase.

ghostcat
04-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Some are gonna' get twinkled. :seeya:

Interesting scenarios. I've always been a little puzzled about that "upon my house it shall begin" phrase.Well it could mean Europe because of the large number of descendants of the house of Israel there, or anywhere in the Americas for the same reason.

Baconator
04-23-2009, 09:30 AM
I've heard since I was little that the Lord is going to clean house, starting with his own.

LEVE
04-23-2009, 10:53 AM
So... I guess that there will first be a separation of the Goats and the Sheep within the Church. That makes perfect sense. That way the Church is left with the stalwart to continue the work right up to the Second Coming.

Toni
04-28-2009, 01:06 PM
So, how do you see this going down? Poisoning the Jell-O or something? Serious, are the LDSs going to be targeted maybe? Cuz overall I think LDSs are some of the healthiest people in the world.

American LDS are super addicted to sugar. Think of the potential [insert evil laugh here]