PDA

View Full Version : A theory on the Swine flu

LarnaE
04-26-2009, 08:33 AM
My nieces husband is from Africa. They are living here in America. He caught a cold and he got super sick. My niece said that they don't get colds in Africa and so he was not use to it. My niece got sick from some horrible African disease that almost killed her, but her husband gets it all the time and it doesn't affect him too much. What I am trying to get at is that people in Mexico are dying from this, but the ones on America seem to be recovering. This might be something that Americans have built up an immune system for. There may be other factors involed as well. A lot of people may become sick and miserable, but it may not be fatal. just my thoughts.

Earthling
04-26-2009, 10:40 AM
I also heard that antibiotics were killing it just fine but I don't think people have the access to or money for health care we do in America. They probably just tough it out and then it kills them. Course I have done this - waited until I had pneumonia before going to the doctor with the flu.

signseeker
04-26-2009, 10:47 AM
The antibiotics would only go after the pneumonia cuz that's a bacteria... but I guess if the pneumonia is the factor that's killing most people, that's good.

So what do we use when we can't get antibiotics?

mirkwood
04-26-2009, 02:03 PM
There medical care/facilities are not going to compare to ours either which will not help them...until they get here that is.

supersc
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Only anti-virals (Tamiflu and Relenza) seem to work...

If the person gets pneumonia, then anti-biotics can fight that bacteria-based illness.

phylm
04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
The antibiotics would only go after the pneumonia cuz that's a bacteria... but I guess if the pneumonia is the factor that's killing most people, that's good.

So what do we use when we can't get antibiotics?

See if you can get your doctor to prescribe Cipro tabs for you, just in case we get quarantined. And you can just walk into a farmstore and buy pencillin and needles without a prescription. (Keep in refrigerator.)

signseeker
04-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Darn. Half the family's allergic to penicillin.

Toni
04-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Cipro can be bad. I've seen it cause pain, inflammation and swelling of the mouth/tongue.