PDA

View Full Version : Herbal remedies for swine flu

Julie
04-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Herbs, Supplements May Fight Swine Flu Pandemic
By Juniper
In 2019, we may look a decade into our past and laugh about today's panic regarding the recent outbreak of swine flu-bird flu hybrid. While I earnestly hope that fears of a flu pandemic are overreactions, it seems to be more likely than not that the swine flu will spread to epidemic or pandemic proportions. Amid confessions from the Centers for Disease Control that containment of the virus is "highly unlikely", many families are scrambling to do whatever possible to prevent the infection from spreading to them and their loved ones.
I am an herbalist and nutritionist, and my pantry is stockpiled with antiviral herbs and vitamin compounds. Many of the same people who made fun of me three years ago are now calling me, frantically asking for advice about which herbs and supplements they can buy to keep the swine flu pandemic from striking their families. While I can offer no guarantees, I hope--and have reason to believe--that the following nutritional supplements may help to stop, slow, or weaken the swine flu/avian flu virus.
Vitamin D
Many Americans, especially young children, are alarmingly deficient in vitamin D. In addition to being absolutely essential for the proper function of the bones and central nervous system, vitamin D plays a critical role in enabling the immune system to successfully defeat viruses of all kinds. One 2006 study hit headlines when it concluded that vitamin D is extremely effective in fighting standard influenza strains.
During 2006, I noticed an extreme spike in the sales of vitamin D supplements in the store I was managing, but I was not surprised when health trends shifted and my clients instead switched to "trendier" supplements. Now, as swine flu rears its ugly head with all the markings of a pandemic, it is more important than ever that Americans drastically increase their intake of this critical vitamin.
Elderberry Syrup
Sambucol, a standardized extract of elderberry, has been shown by repeated scientific studies to fight standard strains of influenza. As I discuss in a recent article, elderberry has natural compounds-- which are safe for children and even infants-- that appear to reduce the duration of colds and flu by several days. This means Sambucol is a must-have for surviving pandemic flu.
More importantly, studies of elderberry syrup's efficacy have specifically focused on H5N1 bird flu, one of the core components of the swine flu pandemic's biology. Laboratory trials have confirmed that elderberry extract effectively defeats H5N1 avian flu with up to 99% efficacy. If it has nearly this rate of effectiveness in combating the similar strain of swine flu, Sambucol may prevent fatalities during a swine flu pandemic.
Selenium
Because it is a trace mineral, and only relatively small amounts are needed for selenium to accomplish its biological role, many people are unaware that it is as important as more popular immune-stimulating supplements in preventing serious illnesses. In vitro studies have confirmed that selenium, like elderberry syrup, can effectively fight the H5N1 strain of avian flu, making it a potentially important supplement for preventing a swine flu pandemic.
Other immune-stimulating herbs and compounds, including the "classic" immune-boosters echinacea, goldenseal, zinc, and vitamin C, may also be effective in preventing illness during an epidemic. No single supplement or combination of supplements is likely to completely eradicate swine flu, avian flu, or any other form of flu pandemic. However, with a balanced diet, common-sense precautions, and a combination of herbal and nutritional supplements, you may be able to protect yourself and your loved ones during a catastrophe.

signseeker
04-26-2009, 05:39 PM
I have never heard that about vit.D - thanks!!

phylm
04-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Again, thank you very much, Julie. Except for the Sambucol, I'm pretty well set, but still appreciate the info. I'll pass your post on, if you don't mind.

Ligure
07-02-2009, 10:53 PM
There are certain flu types (like the pandemic ones which in recent history include Spanish, avian, and swine) that respond differently to the traditional herbal remedies and may actually cause death if used improperly. For example echinacea which is helpful for the common flu can cause a cytokine storm in individuals with a reasonably healthy immune system who are sick with one of the above flus.

I offer the follow links for guidance in your natural medicine decisions.

http://www.med-owl.com/health/H5N1-Virus-Therapy.html
http://subrealism.blogspot.com/2009/04/folk-medicines-and-herbs-to-use-and.html
http://www.virologyj.com/content/5/1/29

It boils down to these are recommended:
Known to be safe:
* Garlic
* Onion
* Horseradish
* Cayenne
* Skullcap
* Astragalus
* Marshmallow
* Tumeric
* Black peppercorn
* Grape leaves
* Vitamin D
* Vitamin C

Avoid these:
* Spirulina
* Chlorella
* Honey (in Anti-plague formula)
* Echinacea
* Elderberry
* Kimchi
* Bananas
* Dairy

Ligure

Toni
07-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Subbing so I can print out the list later.

Banjo Picker
07-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Herbs, Supplements May Fight Swine Flu Pandemic
By Juniper
In 2019, we may look a decade into our past and laugh about today's panic regarding the recent outbreak of swine flu-bird flu hybrid. While I earnestly hope that fears of a flu pandemic are overreactions, it seems to be more likely than not that the swine flu will spread to epidemic or pandemic proportions. Amid confessions from the Centers for Disease Control that containment of the virus is "highly unlikely", many families are scrambling to do whatever possible to prevent the infection from spreading to them and their loved ones.
I am an herbalist and nutritionist, and my pantry is stockpiled with antiviral herbs and vitamin compounds. Many of the same people who made fun of me three years ago are now calling me, frantically asking for advice about which herbs and supplements they can buy to keep the swine flu pandemic from striking their families. While I can offer no guarantees, I hope--and have reason to believe--that the following nutritional supplements may help to stop, slow, or weaken the swine flu/avian flu virus.
Vitamin D
Many Americans, especially young children, are alarmingly deficient in vitamin D. In addition to being absolutely essential for the proper function of the bones and central nervous system, vitamin D plays a critical role in enabling the immune system to successfully defeat viruses of all kinds. One 2006 study hit headlines when it concluded that vitamin D is extremely effective in fighting standard influenza strains.
During 2006, I noticed an extreme spike in the sales of vitamin D supplements in the store I was managing, but I was not surprised when health trends shifted and my clients instead switched to "trendier" supplements. Now, as swine flu rears its ugly head with all the markings of a pandemic, it is more important than ever that Americans drastically increase their intake of this critical vitamin.
Elderberry Syrup
Sambucol, a standardized extract of elderberry, has been shown by repeated scientific studies to fight standard strains of influenza. As I discuss in a recent article, elderberry has natural compounds-- which are safe for children and even infants-- that appear to reduce the duration of colds and flu by several days. This means Sambucol is a must-have for surviving pandemic flu.
More importantly, studies of elderberry syrup's efficacy have specifically focused on H5N1 bird flu, one of the core components of the swine flu pandemic's biology. Laboratory trials have confirmed that elderberry extract effectively defeats H5N1 avian flu with up to 99% efficacy. If it has nearly this rate of effectiveness in combating the similar strain of swine flu, Sambucol may prevent fatalities during a swine flu pandemic.
Selenium
Because it is a trace mineral, and only relatively small amounts are needed for selenium to accomplish its biological role, many people are unaware that it is as important as more popular immune-stimulating supplements in preventing serious illnesses. In vitro studies have confirmed that selenium, like elderberry syrup, can effectively fight the H5N1 strain of avian flu, making it a potentially important supplement for preventing a swine flu pandemic.
Other immune-stimulating herbs and compounds, including the "classic" immune-boosters echinacea, goldenseal, zinc, and vitamin C, may also be effective in preventing illness during an epidemic. No single supplement or combination of supplements is likely to completely eradicate swine flu, avian flu, or any other form of flu pandemic. However, with a balanced diet, common-sense precautions, and a combination of herbal and nutritional supplements, you may be able to protect yourself and your loved ones during a catastrophe.

I hope to harvest elderberries this fall and make syrup. Do you have any ideas on making such a syrup or am I better off making an alcohol tincture and what might be the dosage of both?

adgal
07-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi! I'm new to the forum - but have been studying bird flu for about five years. I'm no expert - but here is some information from people I really trust concerning elderberry and cytokine storms. the first, summerthyme, is an herbalist for whom i have great respect. (this is from another forum.)

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(225,228,242); FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial" class=alt2>Originally posted by summerthyme

OK... one more time. (not pointed at anyone here).

First... Fleataxi, you surely can use dried berries to make the syrup... I apparently haven't made that clear enough... you just need to rehydrate them first (as I've included in this version of the syrup recipe).

Second... cytokine storm, elderberries and choice:

The ONLY study which shows potentially dangerous issues with elderberry was one done by the US government (NIH, I think). And while I'm not going to say they're prejudiced... well... I'm trying to think of the last time anything positive came out of there on herbs.

Other studies seem to show that elderberry does increase cytokines... but NOT THE DANGEROUSLY INFLAMMATORY ones. If that's the case, this is all a moot point anyway.

But... for me, more important is how elderberry works. It's NOT effective on influenza because of any immune stimulating action. It *prevents the virus from penetrating the cell walls*... when exposed to elderberry, it stops them from "latching on". It also prevents viral replication... from making more little virii.

Since cytokine storm severity is related to the viral load- HOW MUCH virus you have in your system... the heavier the viral load, the worse the potential cytokine storm. And since elderberry, taken EARLY and OFTEN prevents the virus from replicating, hence *keeping the viral load LOW*... it's going to be the best choice we've got (IMHO ONLY... everyone has to make their own choices) to beat this thing, even IF it gets more virulent.

The only time I'd be leery of taking elderberry is if someone has been ill for at least 48 hours (symptomatic for that long) and who is already clearly congested and building up fluid. But even then, given the chances of surviving WITHOUT treatment... I'd use it, but that's where I'd also use solid doses of the curcumin and piperine combo.

Summerthyme</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
the next is from a nuclear pharmacist and a professor of pharmacology at UCLA:

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(225,228,242); FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial" class=alt2>Originally posted by sherbar92
Quote:
Is Sambucol Good or Bad for the cytokine storm of swine/avian flu? ****
This has been discussed here in depth; if you use the search function, keywords elderberry and cytokine storm, you should find a treasure trove of information from those with extensive knowledge of alternative and herbal medicines.

I'll also try taking a stab at it. Unlike summerthyme, though, I am going to go from the "hard science" angle, though, so you can have a better understanding of what's going on.

DISCLAIMER: I'm advocating or suggesting nothing...just giving some facts and telling you what I'd do.

Here's how I understand it.

How does sambucol (elderberry) work against flu?

Sambucol (black elderberry) has been found to both
1. stop flu viruses from entering cells and
2. increase the production of both inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines.

So far, sambucol has not shown to be resistant to ANY flu viruses.

ELDERBERRY IN ORDINARY FLU

ORDINARY flu viruses are actually found to be susceptible to these increased inflammatory cytokines, so elderberry extract has a dual mechanism of action for everyday, run-of-the-mill flus. It works really well in these, and documentation can be found all over the Net stating such.

ELDERBERRY IN BIRD FLU

As far as bird flu (H5N1) and elderberry preparations are concerned, so far we mostly have in-vitro (petri dish) studies to consider. H5N1 is inhibited from entering the cell by elderberry.

But...the bird flu virus itself causes massive production of those inflammatory cytokines in the victim, and unlike everyday flus, is not susceptible to them at all.

This is problematic, because massive production of inflammatory cytokines by the virus may lead to cytokine storm and something called ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome.)

In theory, you can make a case that using elderberry extract for bird flu could be problematic as it also can increase the number of circulating cytokines, and maybe have an additive effect with the inflammatory cytokines already being produced by the virus itself, possibly further increasing the risk of cytokine storm and ARDS.

There are many that prescribe to this school of thought...Dr. Henry Niman, the virologist, is one of them, and you can't really blame him. He's basing his call on theory...but note there, even he says "may not be desirable." He says "may" because we just don't know....which leads to the next school of thought:

This is important...1. elderberry extract in bird flu will also increase production of those anti-inflammatory cytokines as well, although I am unsure to what extent compared to the increase of inflammatory cytokines. And, 2. started early enough, elderberry extract could actually prevent an avian flu virus from gaining a foothold, because elderberry wouldn't even let it get into cells to do its viral reproduction thing. And, that's major, because cytokine storm is probably associated with heavy viral loads in the body.

Therefore, another school of thought (which is the one that most of the herbalists here believe) is that if you combine elderberry's antiviral properties with additional anti-inflammatory drugs to "help out" those anti-inflammatory cytokines: drugs like possibly aspirin, herbals such as turmeric 95% curcumin and other antioxidants, or even some standard prescription drugs (such as ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, the new TNF-alpha blockers, and possibly steroids like prednisone) you may beat the cytokine storm, particularly if you start taking both elderberry preps and turmeric 95% curcumin early, before the bird flu virus has a chance to multiply in your body, and before cytokine storm has a chance to begin. This can be accomplished by taking sambucol as a preventative, and increasing the dosage as soon as you begin feeling ill.

Add to that...medical science does not yet know the exact mechanism that triggers cytokine storm. In fact, it is unknown if increasing cytokine levels are what triggers the storm in the first place, or if something else acts as the trigger! It is unknown if elderberry products will actually increase a bird flu victim's risk of cytokine storm. This part is only theorized based on the knowledge of how sambucol works.

As an aside, there was some interesting research presented in a paper a few years ago that showed the antiviral drug Relenza, when combined with Celebrex and mesalazine (Rowasa, Pentasa) increased H5N1 survival in mice from 13% to 53%. (Zheng B.-J. et al. "Delayed antiviral plus immunomodulator treatment still reduces mortality in mice infected by high inoculum of influenza A/H5N1 virus" Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, Published online on June 3, 2008 DOI:10.1073/pnas.0711942105")

The reason this is interesting is that the anti-inflammatory drugs employed may well have controlled the cytokine storm seen with H5N1 bird flu! If that is true, then it would also make some sense that employing things like aspirin and turmeric 95% curcumin with sambucol could also be a quite effective combination.

So, in bird flu, you have two choices...decide to go with theory and avoid elderberry preparations, or decide to roll with the fact that nobody really knows how elderberry preps will affect cytokine storm in bird flu, and take the elderberry. For H5N1 bird flu, most of the herbalists here have advised, in the past, to take elderberry as a preventative and increase the dose at the first presentation of symptoms, and take turmeric 95% curcumin concurrently. (piperine vastly improves the bioavailability of turmeric, so that may also be considered.)

ELDERBERRY IN THE CURRENT H1N1 SWINE, also now called MEXICAN FLU

As far as the current swine flu is concerned...it is an H1N1 variety, and part of it is a "bird" flu, but it is not exactly the same makeup as bird flu H5N1. The H1N1 strain we're worried about right now is a combination of human, pig and avian flus.

Dr. Henry Niman suspects that some of the patients who died in Mexico died of cytokine storm. He thinks this based on their ages and the fact that cytokine storm is the probable cause of death in many folks in the 1918 pandemic, and IMO it's a good educated guess. However...again, it's also entirely possible that those patients in Mexico died of other complicating factors, such as a concurrent bacterial pneumonia that set in on top of the flu, just as it is possible that many of the dead in 1918 died of concurrent bacterial pneumonias (particularly already weakened soldiers who died in the trenches from the flu in 1918. But I digress.) Research in mice using the "resurrected" 1918 virus does show that cytokine storm was probably a factor, but it's more than likely that concurrent infections were too. Probably it was a combination of several factors. Something tells me that Vitamin D deficiency may be a commonality between the dead in 1918 and in Mexico 2009, but again, I digress.

With this current swine flu, we haven't yet established definitively that cytokine storm is even a cause of death; Niman is simply guessing that it might be, or may be in the future. It wouldn't make a lot of sense in the case of the 23 month old who died in Texas. There is no clarification either way until we get more data on the Mexican patients who died. And, considering how Mexico has been handling this whole flu outbreak, it could be months before we have conclusive data. Add to that the fact that this flu is not strictly a bird flu, and sambucol begins to look even more attractive as a treatment option.

Right now, the current swine flu strain is susceptible to the prescription drug Tamiflu, which is great if you can get a hold of some. However, that also may change, particularly by fall after this virus has a chance to adapt and mutate.

In my opinion, elderberry preparations are an option for the current Mexican/swine flu, particularly if you concurrently take an anti-inflammatory herbal such as turmeric 95% curcumin to control any potential cytokine storm. Aspirin, for adults not on blood thinners, might be good to add too, as it will fight fever. To be prudent, I'd do the same thing here as you would for bird flu; take sambucol as a preventative, and increase the dose to the treatment dosage at the first presentation of any flu symptoms.

Keep in mind though...turmeric 95% curcumin does have some drug/disease interactions to consider. People on Coumadin (warfarin), people with gallstones or bile duct disease, pregnant patients, patients on chemotherapy for breast cancer, and people with GERD or peptic ulcer disease should consult their doctor before taking turmeric 95% curcumin.

I really, really hope this helps.

Link for information on sambucol that I referenced in the above:

http://www.unigod.org/flu/sambucol.html</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I hope this is helpful - my family and I will be using Sambucol (Elderberry Extract) and tumeric and we will NOT be injected with any vaccines.

adgal
07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Here's a link that you might find helpful:

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?t=331406

Toni
07-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks, adgal, for all the info. And welcome to the site.

Charlene
07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Spoke with our family doctor the other day and they are recommending 2000 of D3 every day. I asked if ok for my teens to take that much and they said yes. Told me Costco has bottle of 200 for about $16.
Spoke of instance where some assylum had a bout of flue come through and all contracted the flu except a group of them on D3.

Toni
07-29-2009, 07:31 PM
I take it, that is 2,000 milligrams (mg)? Is D3 natural or a chemical creation?

Earthling
07-29-2009, 11:13 PM
I got D3 at a pretty good price at Wally's World . . .FWIW

Baconator
07-30-2009, 07:35 AM
I take it, that is 2,000 milligrams (mg)? Is D3 natural or a chemical creation?

I believe it's 2,000 IUs (International Units). 50,000 IU's is 1.25mg of vitamin D3.
I just looked that up last night for something else. Funny that I find this here this morning.

signseeker
07-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Okay, it's been a while since the ole' microbiology class (like, 2 weeks), but isn't D2 for mammals and D3 for chickens/poultry? Do we even absorb D3?

See, all this phoney "created" vitamins or supplements kinda' turns me off.

biomargaret
07-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't always trust the accuracy of wikipedia but it is an interesting article. :l0 (13)::l0 (63):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D

Toni
08-04-2009, 09:50 AM
I believe it's 2,000 IUs (International Units). 50,000 IU's is 1.25mg of vitamin D3.
I just looked that up last night for something else. Funny that I find this here this morning.

Thanks. I was wondering if it was I.U. or mg.

Toni
08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
That was interesting. Thanks, biomargaret. Below is some of what the article said.

Vitamin D is a group of fat-soluble prohormones, the two major forms of which are vitamin D2 (or ergocalciferol) and vitamin D3 (or cholecalciferol).[1] The term vitamin D also refers to metabolites and other analogues of these substances. Vitamin D3 is produced in skin exposed to sunlight, specifically ultraviolet B radiation.

Vitamin D3 is made in the skin when 7-dehydrocholesterol reacts with UVB ultraviolet light at wavelengths between 270–300 nm, with peak synthesis occurring between 295-297 nm.[12][13] These wavelengths are present in sunlight when the UV index is greater than 3. At this solar elevation, which occurs daily within the tropics, daily during the spring and summer seasons in temperate regions, and almost never within the arctic circles, adequate amounts of vitamin D3 can be made in the skin after only ten to fifteen minutes of sun exposure at least two times per week to the face, arms, hands, or back without sunscreen. With longer exposure to UVB rays, an equilibrium is achieved in the skin, and the vitamin simply degrades as fast as it is generated.[1]

In humans, D3 is as effective as D2 in vitamin D hormone activity in circulation,[14] although others state that D3 is more effective than D2.[15] However, in some species, such as rats, vitamin D2 is more effective than D3.[16] Both vitamin D2 and D3 are used for human nutritional supplementation, and pharmaceutical forms include calcitriol (1alpha, 25-dihydroxycholecalciferol), doxercalciferol and calcipotriene.[17]

Charlene
08-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Ok, I was wrong on the amounts of D3 in the bottles at Costco. 600 each (2000 iu each) for under $13.

Charsee
08-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I did a lot of research when I was researching severe flus sometime back...here is the thread...
http://www.ldsglo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055&highlight=bird

I posted this recently...and I can't find all the articles about flu why this stuff would be good...but here is a short list of some of the things I would have for flu...

Thieves (or something like it of equal quality) with Wild Oregano Oil

Emergen-C
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...398071#reviews (http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=398071#reviews)
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/Searc...0&doSearch.y=0 (http://www.swansonvitamins.com/Search?doSearch=true&ntt=&n=&ntk=Level1&ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&keyword=emergenc&doSearch.x=0&doSearch.y=0)
http://www.vitacost.com/Alacer-Emergen-C-Super-Orange

Vitamin D Drops
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Vitamin-D-Drops/cas-1 900 drops of 2000 IU for $10
http://www.vitacost.com/Carlson-Vita...F-088395019203 (http://www.vitacost.com/Carlson-Vitamin-D-Drops?csrc=GPF-088395019203) 365 drops of 2000 IU for $12.89

Garlic (helpful for flu/resp. problems)
Fresh garlic is supposed to be best
http://www.vitacost.com/productResul...m_search=1&y=0 (http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?N=32+1003108&Ns=P_SoldQuantity%7C1&x=0&in_dim_search=1&y=0)

Turmeric (for cytokine storm prevention)
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Turmeric...-60-Capsules-1 (http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Turmeric-Extract-with-BioPerine-900-mg-60-Capsules-1) with bioperene is supposed to be best
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Turmeric...Capsules/cas-1 (http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Turmeric-800-mg-200-Capsules/cas-1)
http://www.vitacost.com/Starwest-Bot...ic-Root-Powder (http://www.vitacost.com/Starwest-Botanicals-Organic-Turmeric-Root-Powder)

Red Raspberry Leaves (for tea) good for flu
http://www.vitacost.com/Starwest-Bot...eaf-Cut-Sifted (http://www.vitacost.com/Starwest-Botanicals-Organic-Red-Raspberry-Leaf-Cut-Sifted)

Zinc (supposed to help with cytokine storm)
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Zinc-Gluconate-Picolinate
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SW111...l?n=4294967187 (http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SW1113/ItemDetail?n=4294967187)

Elderberry products (making your own may be cheaper, see instructions below)
http://www.vitacost.com/Quantum-Elde...l1&numItems=10 (http://www.vitacost.com/Quantum-Elderberry-Extract-Liquidhttp://www.swansonvitamins.com/Search?viewAll=true&ns=P_Flag-SwansonItem%7C1%7C%7CP_Rank-NoOrders&ntt=sambucus+nigra&keyword=sambucus+nigra&ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&n=4294967187&startPage=0&numRows=18&ntk=Level1&numItems=10)
http://www.vitacost.com/Christophers-Elderberry-Extract

Ginger (see article below)
http://www.vitacost.com/Starwest-Bot...ot-Powder-1-lb (http://www.vitacost.com/Starwest-Botanicals-Organic-Ginger-Root-Powder-1-lb)

Silver Biotics (good for infections - hope it will help with pneumonia)
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/Searc...0&doSearch.y=0 (http://www.swansonvitamins.com/Search?doSearch=true&ntt=&n=&ntk=Level1&ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&keyword=biotics&doSearch.x=0&doSearch.y=0)
http://www.vitacost.com/productResul...lver%20biotics (http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?ss=1&Ntk=products&x=0&y=0&Ntt=silver%20biotics)

Resveratrol (supposed to stop flu cell reproduction.)
http://www.vitacost.com/productResul...tt=resveratrol (http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?ss=1&Ntk=products&x=0&y=0&Ntt=resveratrol)
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/CRL30...l?n=4294967187 (http://www.swansonvitamins.com/CRL306/ItemDetail?n=4294967187)
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU28...l?n=4294967187 (http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU283/ItemDetail?n=4294967187)

Inhalers
I can hook you up if you want to buy these in bulk. They are excellent for adding 8-15 drops of Thieves EO/Wild Oregano Oil. If used a little more than hourly they may work as a deterrent to the flu...at least the thieves during the black plague thought so.

Tea Strainers/Infusers
http://www.vitacost.com/Wisdom-Natur...Tea-1-Bombilla (http://www.vitacost.com/Wisdom-Natural-Bombilla-StrainerStraw-For-Loose-Tea-1-Bombilla)
http://cgi.ebay.com/1pc-Stainless-St...d=p3286.c0.m14 (http://cgi.ebay.com/1pc-Stainless-Steel-conch-Tea-Pot-Infuser-Strainer-Ball_W0QQitemZ250472370305QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3a51511081&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Oggi-Stainless-S...d=p3286.c0.m14 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Oggi-Stainless-Steel-Tea-Stick-Teastick-Infuser_W0QQitemZ310158775500QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4836e754cc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

Instructions for flu from "Christopher" site:
Avoid all animal products (especially dairy) and go on a liquid diet of fresh juices and plenty of distilled water and red raspberry tea. Make sure the bowels are moving so as to eliminate toxins quickly. Next, lubricate the body liberally with garlic oil (fresh garlic pressed into olive oil) - especially the chest and soles of the feet. This is an easy way to take in a lot of garlic. You can get a recipe for onion soup.
From: http://www.naturalcureforswineflu.com/The_Cure.html

"Christopher's" article for flu
She wasn’t up to going to the store so I questioned her to see what she had in the house that she could use. I told her about this simple remedy which includes the juice from two apples, four stalks of celery, and one inch square of ginger.
http://www.naturalcureforswineflu.com/

Elderberry Tincture Recipe:
http://www.ldsglo.com/forum/showthre...hlight=tamiflu (http://www.ldsglo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6248&highlight=tamiflu)