PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Closure of All SCUCISD Campuses

mirkwood
04-28-2009, 02:43 AM
http://www.scuc.txed.net/Departments/PublicInfoWeb/features

Temporary Closure of All SCUCISD Campuses

Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 1:10 p.m.

Updated: Monday, April 27, 2009 at 6:27 p.m.

The instructions we received from the Health Department have changed during the past 24 hours. At this time, we have been instructed to close all campuses in the District for the upcoming school week due to concerns of spreading the Swine Flu.

All activities associated with the schools have been canceled. The Health Department is strongly advising all public gatherings to be canceled during the upcoming week.

We can appreciate that making family arrangements to allow for the district closing will be challenging for most families. However, the concern for the overall health of the citizens of our community, state and nation is of the utmost importance.

To reach the Health Department, call 888-777-5320. This is a toll-free, non-emergency number.

For updated information related to closures in SCUCISD, you may also call (210) 619-4700 to access listen-only recorded updates.

arbilad
04-28-2009, 07:35 AM
For those of you wondering, as I was, where the heck this is, it is in San Antonio.

Toni
04-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks, Arbi. I was wondering where the heck this was. Texas? So they've been hit, too?

Aldon
04-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Probably wanted extended vacations....I know, that is just too cynical.

Probably just precautionary.