PDA

View Full Version : How to spend your time in a quarantine

BackBlast
05-02-2009, 09:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxDdbwVIiDw&NR=1

Be sure to record you works for posterity's sake. :sosp:

silverstate51
05-02-2009, 10:12 AM
When you wrote quaranteen instead of quarantine, I thought it would be an article on being stuck inside for extended periods with teenagers. :crazy:

BackBlast
05-02-2009, 11:08 AM
When you wrote quaranteen instead of quarantine, I thought it would be an article on being stuck inside for extended periods with teenagers. :crazy:

Lol. Sorry, bad spelling :a0 (30):

Earthling
05-02-2009, 06:33 PM
I think you should spend the time during those "home repair & upgrade" projects you keep promising your wives! Get in the supplies now - Home Depot was crowded today!

waif69
05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I, personally, am planning on doing a lot of reloading if quarantine were to be put into effect.

signseeker
05-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Guess I'd have to turn the horses out on the alfalfa field if that were to happen... They are 10 min. away, around the corner from the folks, but if you're stuck on your immediate property... we'd have to figure something out.

I wouldn't like not being able to check on the folks, too... I mean, are they going to patrol the streets? The boundaries of town? The highways? Can you go anywhere in your car?

Has there ever been quarantine imposed anywhere in recent history that we can draw on?

waif69
05-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I was gonna answer, yes it was during the Katrina outbreak, but then I remembered, that was just failings of a state & local gov't that caused all those people to be locked away.

LoudmouthMormon
05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
And remember - it's not a quarantine - it's "voluntary social distancing". Cuz calling things by different names changes makes everything better, right?

Anyway, my wife and I figured we'd do a little of it with the swine flu if it was actually something to be scared about. But with 1600+ cases and only 2 deaths (http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/update.htm#statetable) in the US, it looks (at least for now) like flu we wouldn't mind getting if we had to.

LM

Toni
05-11-2009, 01:03 PM
And remember - it's not a quarantine - it's "voluntary social distancing". Cuz calling things by different names changes makes everything better, right?

LM

If it's voluntary, then you can drive around in your car, go check on the horses, right? (Yeah, voluntary like income taxes - :glare:)

waif69
05-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Income taxes are voluntary. You can choose to not give them their money or they sent people with guns to your home, but you can choose.

Yes, I used the word "their" intentionally, they do think it is theirs.