PDA

View Full Version : Mona Charen's lights went out

Buffie
02-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Mona Charen is a national columnist whose work appears in my daily newspaper. Today she wrote about her family's experiences with the recent heavy snowfall. She writes about what they did to prepare (buy food); all of us preppers will be amused by what her family didn't do and how ill-equipped they were physically and mentally to deal with a minor disaster situation.

Here's the link:

http://townhall.com/columnists/MonaCharen/2010/02/09/frontier_suburbanite

LEVE
02-10-2010, 09:13 AM
At the end of the article she eyed the kitchen chairs... I wonder how much longer it would have taken for her to eye the dog as a tasty morsel? That's about all the food storage many people have.

ZDMZ
02-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Wonder what they are going to do at a hotel???

Oh yeah, room service! :l0 (34):

mgriffith
02-10-2010, 09:47 AM
I wonder what would have been their next move when they got to the hotel and found out they were not magically powered when the rest of the area was dark? And then to find out the closest hotel with power was much farther away than one tank of gas, they had half a tank, and no services stations were pumping because, amazingly enough, they didn't have power either.

I can see it now.....she's standing there in the snow with husband, kids, and Cali, a dumbfounded look on her face, and saying "What are we going to do??"

Mark

thomasusa
02-10-2010, 11:18 AM
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CTmp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I hope there is a video crew filming when the angry mod trudges through the snow over to Al Gore?s house and throws him on the fire. That?s one thing I?d watch on pay per view.

LEVE
02-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Al Gore’s house and throws him on the fire.Between his fat and hot air he spews... it could be explosive.