PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Julie's Garden

Julie
05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
This is my garden so far this year. I threw in a picture of some of my roses just for good measure. I hope this works. - Julie

Rows left to right.
Watermelon - Just replanted yesterday. Cross fingers
Onions
Red potatoes
Yellow gold potatoes

Same as above

Left box is squash with onions
Right box is peas

Peas

Roses (guess what I'm getting for Mother's Day?)

Box on left - cucumbers (still real small - replanted some yesterday) have some tomatoes in this box too.
Next two boxes - tomatoes - last box tomatoes and peppers. Yellow strings are to attach my tomatoes to instead of cages

signseeker
05-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Cool! :thumbsup:

What is the row to the right of the onions? (Middle of photo2) And what are those dangling yellow ropes in the last picture?

Julie
05-06-2010, 10:44 AM
More pics. There is a pic of my girls little garden.

Cucumbers - peas in the background

Little girl's garden

signseeker
05-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Red potatoes - awesome. Now I know what they're gonna' look like. :l0 (22):

I'm digging that cinderblock wall, too. Nice. :yesnod:

Julie
05-07-2010, 07:28 AM
signseeker,
This potato thing is new to me too. I've been trying to hill them. I guess you really never know what you are doing till you do it. My yellow golds are not doing as well because the dog keeps digging in them. The dog is getting old and if she dies, I'll be the prime suspect.:smilewinkgrin:
I'm not sure if I even know when there are potatoes down in that dirt. I guess when they start to bloom?
Good luck with your potatoes.

You like my cinder block wall? Did you notice how close my neighbors are to me? It drives me nuts. Some neighbors are easier to get along with than others. I guess that is just life.

Hopefully others will post pictures of their gardens. I like to look at them and learn how they do things.

mgriffith
05-07-2010, 08:10 AM
signseeker,
Hopefully others will post pictures of their gardens. I like to look at them and learn how they do things.

Have you seen the ones I posted? I'll post some more as things start to grow.

I have LOTS of peaches on one tree, and the Red Delicious apple tree is producing more this year than ever before. The Johnathan apple tree is doing well, although I would like more fruit, but it may produce well this year if I can keep the bugs off it.

/\/\ark

signseeker
05-07-2010, 08:14 AM
I did notice how close the next house was. I was thinking how great it would be if there was a nice mountain range there instead. I didn't want to say that, though. :smilewinkgrin: I have some neighbors like that, too. :001_ssleepy:

I tried to hook my camera up to the computer the other day and we just sat and sat and sat... I thought some window was supposed to pop up and ask you what you want to do...? Anyway, I'll try to get on that. I'll post pictures of my tricot tomato. You know how plants are either monocots (grass, corn, etc.) or dicots (tomatoes, cabbage, etc.)? When they sprout they either have a pair of baby leaves or just a blade/stalk? Well, one of my tomatoes came out with three baby leaves! Weird, huh? It's growing great, though. Maybe we'll turn into mutant ninjas when we eat the tomatoes... :d0 (67):

arbilad
05-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I have peas, cucumbers, radishes, and tomatoes sprouting. I need to fill the earthbox today so that I can transplant the peas. We're still getting frost and they're the only ones I trust outside. But I did put a pea plant in one of those topsy turvy planters yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how a pea plant does growing upside down.

WolfBrother
05-15-2010, 09:31 AM
WB Edited to specific:

This is my garden so far this year.

Looked at all of your pics. Two questions:

1. Is this your version of square foot gardening?

2. What size holes are in and what are the spacing of the holes in the PVC pipe irrigation set up you have?