PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Tips and Tricks

Abinadi
03-31-2008, 02:28 PM
I was needing to wash one small item the other day and had a thought. I made me a little washer. This is something the kids can have fun with as well as make a game out of it while the items get washed depending on the size you decide to make it.
I took a quart jar and put the item in it. I added laundry soap and washing soda. Put on the lid and shook it good, then I let it set while I read the scriptures. When I was finished I shook it again and took out the "laundry of the the washer" and rinsed well and wrung out good then into a towel to dry further. Then onto the drying rack it went. I did this all weekend. It was fun.
So if you took something bigger and set this up the kids could roll this all over the place and the clothes get clean and the laundry rollers have a great time of it. Hey an idea for date night. LOL
Just some weekend thoughts

Abinadi

missmel
04-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Fun idea.
What is washing soda?

thor610
04-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Washing soda is exactly what it says it is, i.e. washing soda. You go to a store and buy a box of washing soda. It is the original organic way of getting clothes clean, deodorized and disinfected. You can read all about it at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing_soda

Abinadi
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Arm and hammer makes it, its in a yellow box with the laundry soaps. Try by the borax... its really good stuff.

Abinadi

prevent_damage
11-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Cool. I don't know if it would make the best date idea but it sounds like a fun little activity.