PDA

View Full Version : Frequency of review

BackBlast
09-13-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm curious as to how often people check, review, or otherwise look over or make changes to their kits. This could be get-home kits, bug out kits, 72-hour kits. Just a curiosity...

sarge712
09-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Someone here wrote once that they do their inventory / review every General Conference. I adopted that practice too.

signseeker
09-13-2010, 11:33 AM
I try to remember it during GenConf, too. Although the spring one for some reason usually slips up on me and I don't get to it until once a year, in the fall.

LoudmouthMormon
09-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Yep - every 6 months, the LM clan hooks the stereo up to the internet, blasts general conference throughout the house and yard, and dumps all the kits out on the living room floor and goes through everything.

We also: put up/take down the hummingbird feeder (when I remember)
change the water filter
pour all the storage gasoline into our vehicles and store fresh
change batteries in the smoke detectors (we all hate waking up at 3am to one of them chirping their low battery alarm at us)
gas up or winterize the mower and tiller
etc

signseeker
09-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Dude. Hummingbird feeders go up St. Patrick's Day. And not a day later.

Noahs ARK
09-13-2010, 04:01 PM
I check mine when I change my clocks forward/backward in the Spring & Fall.

That's when I change all batteries in smoke alarms, too.

mirkwood
09-14-2010, 12:03 AM
My car kit is accessed pretty regularly while at work, so "regularly" would be my vote if it was on there.

Burn
05-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Noahs Ark, I hope you don't live in Arizona! They don't spring forward and fall back...

DMGNUT
05-16-2017, 07:56 PM
Burn... you do realize that this thread (other than your post) hasn't been posted on for almost 7 years... right?
A good thread, and worthy of reviving, but a lot of the previous posters haven't been on here for a long, long time.
Just saying...
We haven't looked at any of our kits for a couple years... but that's because of our move.
Before that we used to check them annually (should be every 6 months, but we just never got to it like we should've). :ohmy: