To make the #10 cans more of a saving, I re-package all of them into one serving size by vacuum seal bags with my FoodSaver. The lids for the jars are just way too expensive for me, so I don't go that way. When doing pasta, stop the vacuum when the bag just begins to look sucked out, then continue with the seal portion. I learned the hard way when I did lasagna noodles. Did them in the box, and when I went to open one up, had lasagna noodle DUST! I don't pre-cook the noodles anyway, so I used the un-dust sizes. Ended up openig up three boxes.

So the dust - - put it in the blender to break it all up into pretty much powder, then portioned it out into 1 cup per smallest bag that FoodSavers makes. Now I have gravy making flour, can also make noodles with it. Mixed with flour to make soft bread sticks. Same with the Dehydrated Asparagus tips I bought that were tough and awful. Powdered it all and re-packaged into 1/2 cup vacuum sealed packages. Add it to gravy's, soups, when I make soft bread sticks[especially ones to go with meat roasts].

Old beans. If they won't soften up even after sprouting for 3 days AND cooking in a soup/stock pot - take the remainder and grind into flour. Package up into 1/3 to 1/2 cup portions and vacuum seal in bags! Great when added to flour when making gravy or bread, as a thickener in soups, etc. Don't add too much unless you want the soup/gravy/bread to taste like beans.

Wish I had done that with the #10 cans of Muffin Mix. Their contents are 3 plus servings. Had I re-packaged them into a serving each, then combined the extra together, would have ended up with usable sizes.