Thread: May Not Mean Anything ... But, then again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default May Not Mean Anything ... But, then again

For weeks (months) all the stores around here (Arkansas) have had sales on canned veggies. This is the first time in quite a while that not a single store is advertising a sale on canned veggies (with the exception of canned tomatoes). Really not sure if that is an indication of anything, but it is odd. Anybody else notice that in their area?

Guardian of the Holy Grail signseeker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Before making any definite assessment, I'll have to know the sale prices...
    Life's tough but it's tougher if you're stupid.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

$.49 or $.50 can sale price ($.69+ regular price depending on the veggie) at the various stores, until this past week. It just struck me as odd that not a single store was running a canned veggie sale this week (with, as I said, the exception of canned tomatoes).

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting.

I don't think it means anything.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I went to Food Lion today - they had all kinds of sales, but none on canned veggies or canned fruit.

Luckily they had my cocoa powder on sale, so I stocked up on that.

There wasn't any sugar on the shelf - all sold out due to the sale, I'm assuming.
    ~ Life is short. Eternity isn't ~

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's kind of what I was referring to. It was just odd that no stores in the area had sales on canned veggies or fruit this week. Just have to wait and see this next week or so.

Paper goods and cleaning items seem to be the big sales this past week. And, darn, I forgot to pick up cocoa powder!

Wheels Are Churnin'
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our store here is having a case lot sale, will be going on for 2 weeks.

Temporary visitor from another world Earthling's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

A lot of grocery items have certain times they are on sale. i.e. March is frozen food month and there will be a lot of that on sale. Notice how baking stuff is on sale in Nov & Dec. I have a list from the extension service telling you what stuff is cheaper each month (food & other stuff). Anyway, I don't think it means anything. Just stock up on what is on sale that week.
    The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

Sr. Contributor
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Copy of list???????? Pleeeeeease........

Temporary visitor from another world Earthling's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Found it! Guess it was from Family Circle magazine although I have a extension service one too but it isn't as good as this one.

JANUARY → Low-fat or low-carb items, including frozen meals, granola bars, diet soda. ■ Super Bowl favorites, such as frozen appetizers, chips, dips, sodas and beer. ■ Boxed teas and soup.

FEBRUARY → Canned foods, including soups, fruits and vegetables. ■ Medicines , cold remedies and vitamins.

MARCH → Peanut butter and other peanut products. ■ Frozen meals, vegetables and fruits.

APRIL → Soy products, like milk, burgers, tofu and bars. ■ Hams, thanks to Easter.

MAY → Memorial Day staples, such as barbecue foods (soda, chips, condiments, buns, grilling spices and salad dressings), as well as paper goods, like plates, napkins and cups. ■ Post-Mother’s Day: kitchen appliances, like toasters, microwaves, food processors and mixers.

JUNE → Cheese, milk, cream, yogurt and other dairy products. ■ Ice cream, including bars, sandwiches and cones.

JULY → Hot dogs, frozen hamburger patties and ground meat for the Fourth of July, as well as condiments and other barbecue staples. ■ School supplies.

AUGUST → Back-to-school lunch items, like juice boxes, granola bars, canned fruit and other snacks. ■Sunscreen and lotions. ■ Tissues.

SEPTEMBER → Breakfast foods, including hot and cold cereals, oatmeal, frozen breakfast pastries, frozen breakfast sandwiches and pancake mix. ■Labor Day staples like barbecue and party foods.

OCTOBER → Wine. ■Pasta and frozen pizza. ■ Pet food, grooming supplies and toys.

NOVEMBER → Thanksgiving foods: turkey, stuffing mix, soups, cranberries, canned veggies and yams. ■Baking goods, including flour, baking soda, sugar, cake mixes, frosting, pie crusts and frozen pies.

DECEMBER → Champagne. ■ Disposable containers, foil, wax paper and plastic wrap.

Credit - "by Teri Gault, Family Circle magazine August 2010"
    The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads