I went to a naturopathic doctor in California who told me that her sister had pretty much recovered her son from autism using essential oils. He is now 13 and doing pretty well...mainstreamed, etc.

I talked to this lady and she told me that at five her son had never talked but after using the essential oils for a few days he said, "Mom, go store, winnie pooh puter games." On the way home they got chicken nuggets and he said, "MMM, my tummy happy now." She said she just cried.

The three oils (I believe that she used on her son and) she
recommended for mine were "Three Wise Men" down the "mohawk" line of the head, just a trace. Valor on ankles and wrists, and diluted 1 part tangerine to 2 parts carrier oil on back of neck.

I asked for a friend of mine and she said after we talked briefly about this boy that she felt my friend's child was more a "purist" and would do best with:

Cedar on the head
tangerine on the back of neck
rose wood on bottom of feet, ankles and tail bone

Most treatments that work like this for one child do not help most ASD children. However, sometimes with God's help you can stumble on the right treatment for a certain child. That is why I am listing this...it might be helpful and is certainly one of the most inexpensive treatments for autism I have heard of.