Last night my 13 year old wanted to know how to use a semi colon. Her understanding of the uses for a semi colon revolve around texting emoticons. Finally I came to understand that she was writting a paper on the UN. Of course I think the UN is evil and I told her so. Her teacher thinks the UN is just great. In fact its awesome. I spent an hour trying to explain some things to her from my perspective. Everytime I tried to show an example I had to stop and explain a tangent.

I know she is only 13 but she used to be a bright child. This month I learned that she has no idea who Gahndi or Bob Marley were. But she thinks she knows who Hitler was, a failed artist. That's what you get when you let your kids view you-tube.

Our highschool will house grades 6 - 12 next year. Highschool is like a giant sewer. If the band program wasn't the best in the region, and if I could tolerate teenagers......... All I can say is I really, really hope we are close to the second coming because I don't see how these kids really have a fair chance anymore.