Gardens aren't just about growing food to eat, you know. I've been reading an interesting book on herbal medicine and he talks a lot about the connection we need to have with our plants, finding ways to beautify them, show case them, make our garden a place we WANT to be.

So.... Last week I went to a craft fair and saw these amazingly creative bird baths/feeders. They are just glasses, plates, bowls, vases and some lamp stands that are stacked (and glued) on each other to create a pedestal. She added pretty glass stones or charms around the edges for more color or interest.

I think it's such a wonderful combination of repurposing/recycling, creativity and gardening. So now all the glassware at the thrift shop has a whole new appeal to me. Going to rummage sales is going to be a lot more fun, too. I think I might make some extras for gifts. And I had to share because I know some of you are very creative. I'd love to see what other things you can come up with using this idea as a springboard.