We rototilled our garden last week and planted some onions. This week we went back and planted some garlic. I spent a lot of time weeding. We use a community garden, and the two plots next to me weren't worked by anyone last year, and so far they haven't been worked by anyone this year. So I spent some time weeding because I don't want the weeds from there to spread to my garden, like they did last year. I filled four large yard bags with weeds from the areas around my plot, and there is a lot left to do. That'll go well in the composter that should be here next week.
In planters we have several herbs, peas, lettuce, strawberries, and some other stuff that doesn't occur to me right now. That is what we have at our house. I also drilled some holes in a bucket today. I put in some compost, we put in some spuds, I put in more compost, we put in more spuds, etc. I think that we have three or four layers like that. We may get more seed potatoes next week and put them in another bucket.
This year I planted the onions and garlic around the edge of the garden to try to keep undesirables out.
We have good weather right now, but even though there is no frost in the ten day forecast, this is Colorado, and we're absolutely not safe from a frost yet. So we've started some frost sensitive stuff inside, but no frost sensitive stuff in the garden yet. I can't start corn inside, though, so I'm hoping that the good weather holds and we can plant corn soon.
I'm thinking of planting peanuts in my earth box. Peanuts require warmth and a long growing season, but I figure that if it gets too cold at night, either now or in the fall, I can bring them inside.
What are you guys planting? How are your gardens growing?