Thread: If I were filthy rich, like some of you, I'd sure like to have one of these.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default If I were filthy rich, like some of you, I'd sure like to have one of these.

Jay

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JayE For This Useful Post:

loquaciousmomma (09-21-2013)

Temporary visitor from another world Earthling's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd love one too! If you find a rich person Jay, let me know. The ones I know are very "tight" with their $$.
    The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 906 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know about that thing...
    I think it would make me feel a little claustrophobic... not that it isn't a pretty good idea in some ways and for some limited situations, but I'd probably rather take my chances with the zombie hordes and hoodlums out side.
    If anyone knew about it, or found it (once you sealed yourself in), they could really bide their time tearing at the door to get in... or out of spite, sealing or burying the door so you couldn't get back out... and even take their time finding and burying the escape hatch too.
    And it seems like it'd be a bit slow and difficult getting in and out... not to mention how time consuming it'd be to get your stuff into it and that it'd be pretty limited on how long you could stay inside due to space constraints on how many prep items you'd be able to fit in...
    Can it be locked from the outside? Or if you go out and forage, do you always leave someone behind?
    And lastly, if things really have completely collapsed, where's the power source coming from that's gona run all those electric gadgets... frig, microwave, air filtration system, entertainment system, etc...?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Temporary visitor from another world Earthling's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd be so claustrophobic within a few hours I couldn't stand it. Reminds me of when I got an MRI and went into that skinny tube - gives me the heebee shebbies.
    The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.