Thread: Honey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Honey

The honey crop is in. This is raw filtered honey, straight from the hive. Best tasting honey ever! I have some limited supplies for sale. #3 bottles for $15, and #1.5 bottles for $8. I don't ship, but if you are in the Salt Lake area (West Jordan) you can PM me and pick it up.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Jride For This Useful Post:

DMGNUT (09-27-2013), mirkwood (09-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,711 Times in 646 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will be in touch soon!
    If you complain about how heavy your laptop is or you hate wearing a tie, remember some people put on body armour to go to work today.

The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

If you feel something posted is in violation of the above I will happily remove it at your request.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wished I did live there - has anyone used the powdered honey sold by Auguson Farms? The first time I saw it on the shelf at Walmart, I couldn't believe it. I went online @ Walmart, looked it up and read the comments. There is one that says the person would never buy *real* honey again. That they were tired of wasting money by throwing it out after it crystalized. Talk about doing a *Face Palm*. I did restrain myself from responding -

Am I the only one who is glad when the honey crystallizes? To me that means it is RAW aka Unprocessed. That is why I bought my 1/2 cup size, stainless scoop - to scrap the honey out of the bucket. My source has quit the honey business. Dad & Son have passed on and Grandsons and Granddaughters hate the bees. So they got rid of them. Sigh - they had THE BEST honey on the Oregon Coast!!! If you showed them your Temple Recommend you got a 5 gallon bucket for $5.00! Didn't bother me that I had to remove a few bees and parts of honeycombs.

IF this powdered honey is good - then I will get a can or three.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iggy For This Useful Post:

DMGNUT (09-27-2013), ghostcat (09-27-2013), mirkwood (09-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,711 Times in 646 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have cans of powdered honey in storage, but I have never used any.
    If you complain about how heavy your laptop is or you hate wearing a tie, remember some people put on body armour to go to work today.

The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

If you feel something posted is in violation of the above I will happily remove it at your request.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mirkwood For This Useful Post:

ghostcat (09-29-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 938 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know if Crocket Honey is just local or if they market to a much bigger area.
    But their plant is here local in Tempe, AZ; and they have a small "store front" so you can buy direct (with great savings) instead of at Safeway, Frys, etc...
    I have 6 gallons in 1 gallon pails... I need more...
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DMGNUT For This Useful Post:

ghostcat (09-29-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I live on the Central Oregon Coast. The nearest honey place, processes their honey - refuses to sell it raw. They lost two retail outlets when I pointed out that the honey was processed. There is one other that is 36 miles south of me. Once I hunt down their phone number, I'll call and get directions to their farm. There is no sense in purchasing raw honey that is NOT produced locally, and that is processed. I want the pollen, I want a few bees and the honeycombs. I don't care if it crystallizes. Honey NEVER goes bad.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iggy For This Useful Post:

DMGNUT (09-29-2013), Dr.Jride (09-28-2013), ghostcat (09-29-2013)