Thread: Canned Tomatoes into dehydrated tomato powder/leather

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I really wanted to dehydrate canned tomatoes, turn it into powder then vacuum seal it. Puts an end to BULGING. BUT I am not going to buy canned tomatoes by the case again. There is only two soups I make that require canned tomatoes - so I will buy what I need as I need them.

It is time for me to make some of my Hearty Pantry Soups. Start with meat chunks - quickly brown, then add to stock. Beef/vegetable/chicken. Lots of stock. Add whatever dehydrated/FD veggies that catch my eye. Let simmer until the smell drives you nuts and you HAVE to eat bowls and bowls of it. IF I plan ahead, I will sprout lentils, beans or even a packet of 15 bean soup mix, then add that to the mix.

My oldest sister never sprouted anything, but she loved barley, so she added it, lots and lots of it. She didn't really like lentils. Me, I love them. Sprout them until they have leaves and eat them in sandwiches, salads, or toss a hand full into canned soups.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iggy For This Useful Post:

DMGNUT (10-14-2018)