Just wondered if you have noticed that nonmembers are now beginning to buy and can food at the bishop's storehouse.

I went up to Jacksonville last Saturday with our regular (small) ward group. It included a nice young nonmember family man who goes often with us, and is practicing provident living. We soon had a very efficient canning operation going, and finished a couple of big loads in less than two hours. Only item not in stock was dry milk.

There was a group from another ward (I thought) whom I hadn't met before. They were not too outgoing toward the rest of us, but took the supervisor's directions, and worked admirably. It was only later that I learned that they were a Baptist group from Yulee. No wonder they were a bit uneasy around us. After all, don't we all know that Mormons eat their babies?!

I'm so pleased that nonmembers are preparing with our church's help. The preparedness program is such a wonderful missionary tool, and a great bridge to others not of our faith. As I've mentioned before, my cousin-in-law takes orders from other nonmember friends to get for them when we go up for a load of bulk foods. And, he and his survivor friend are using church books and materials to guide them in preparing. His friend gave out a copy of Wendy DeWitt's prep DVDs to every member in his volunteer fire department, and they are spreading throughout So. Baptist country in the counties north of us. AND, the cousin-in-law wants to go next month on our ward's bishop's storehouse assignment to put up welfare orders. "I like them people," he says about the cannery missionaries.