We had frost a week ago last Fri and Sat, so this last week I finally was able to get some planting done. On Fri, about 5pm I got all my gardens planted. That's 6 flower beds, a new herb garden (3'X45') and my veggie garden (40'X40')

We went to the garden center, intending to "only" buy a couple bushes/trees. We ended up buying several heirloom tomatoes we'd not tried a couple perennial flowers and a lemon thyme. One tomato we bought just because it has such an impossible name: Wapsipinicon Peach. And we bought another gooseberry and a currant bush.

The flooding has seriously stressed out our biggest plum tree. It hasn't even leafed out yet, although it has budded and shows signs of life. I hope it survives.

So I've spent the last 2 days trying to get all of this recorded in my garden journal--something else that I'm trying new this year: a very detailed record of everything planted, weather, how much each produces, etc. Also a map of the garden so I know how to rotate the crops next year.

And the asparagus is doing great! We are getting a bumper crop--enough for 2-3 meals every day. I guess I'm going to have to pickle some of it, probably using that Preserving Food without Canning or Freezing (PFWCF) book.