I know that much of this forum is about cold weather. On the other hand I live in Southern Arizona with a few other members on here. Summertime can reach 130 in some areas (namely the Lake Havasu area and the TO reservation area). So do you have clothing prepared for WARM weather?

For me, it's light T-shirts, preferably long sleeved (sunburn WILL take it out of you and accelerate fatigue and heat stroke, as well as dimish your ability to care for yourself). I've found that srub tops work great for this. I don't have many anymore, but I think they are an easy to come by source for this.

Likewise a ball cap or better a wide brimed hat makes a great deal of sense. I love my Tilley hat. But I usually have a baseball hat on.

Lastly I LOVE my kilts. In fact I just put in an order for 2 new custom kilts should have them by Feb 1. Are cool, tons of gear carrying capacity. Additionally if you have to wade water, you can lift the kilt (a little bit, not too much ) and your calves are wet but you don't have wet pants chaffing your legs.

For shoes I prefer light hiking boots, a la Columbia or something like it, with enough tread to keep a grip on loose rocky hillsides. However I think every BOB or something of the like should include waterproof shoes like CROCs or something you can wear if you have to cross a body of water, OR seek food from a water source, i.e. fishing in whatever manner works for you.

I wore my waders and kilt up in Oak Creek Canyon last year and it worked great. The kilt kept me cool, the shoes allowed me to use the water to move rather than trying to hold onto the side of a rocky trail rather than getting wet.

So for just another thought regarding warm weather hiking, prep, emergency planning or all of the above, here's my 2 cents.