Thread: How many here will use their income tax refund to get out of debt or get their food storage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How many here will use their income tax refund to get out of debt or get their food storage?

We had a refund and decided the best thing we could do was to use it to help get us out of debt. When we figured the monthly interest payment we would be saving, it was a no-brainer! I was just wondering if anyone else here was like minded.
    "I have learned this: it is not what one does that is wrong, but what one becomes as a consequence of it."--Oscar Wilde

"I have not failed 10,000 times, I have successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."--Thomas A. Edison

The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have done both of those things in the past with refund money. I am thinking that most of it this year will go towards savings. I might make a trip out to the cannery for a few items I'm realizing I want more of, though. Our mortgage is our only debt and we pay some extra each month.
    "If you want to get stronger, you need to wrestle something -- like a bear." -The five year old.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am happy to say that we are completely out of debt, including med school expenses.
    We have fixed our W-4's to basically break even on fed and state returns. We take the money that would go to Uncle Sam during the year and invest it to get interest. Uncle Sam does not give out interest but loves to charge interest and penalties at any minor discrepancy.
    The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, we're whittling down our withholding as well. Should be a much smaller refund than in past years.
    "If you want to get stronger, you need to wrestle something -- like a bear." -The five year old.

Flexin' mah intellectual muscles Baconator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm paying off one of our vehicles.
    "I think you mean my 'library voice'. My 'inside voice' tells me to ram the car that just cut me off."

Guardian of the Holy Grail signseeker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

We might get a new septic system for the cabin... or pay down the cabin. That's our only debt. After living debt-free for a decade, it gets a little old.

Just kidding!!
    Life's tough but it's tougher if you're stupid.