Thread: WHO Declares End to 2009 H1N1 Influenza Pandemic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our family got off scott free. I work in retail, so I knew I would probably get exposed. I developed the habit of always washing my hands when I went back to the staff room, and again when I got home. I tried to learn to never touch my face. I bought some extra water and groceries just in case we needed to stay indoors.

A woman who was off on maternity leave and lives about 2 km from my house got the first case of swine flu in a pregnant woman in Canada. They have no idea how she got exposed. She was healthy in the docs office for a regular visit one day, and was hospitalized in intensive care 2 days later. Mom and baby are both healthy now, but it was scary.

Harmless lovable ball of fur ghostcat's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My family and I all got the shots. The company my wife works for provided them for free so we took the offer.
    "The length of a conversation is not a good gauge of its quality"

"Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith." - Alexis de Tocqueville

reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States

Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 584 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Me and my family didn't get the shots. Part of the reason is because most of the deaths of the swine flu outbreak in the 70s were from the shot they gave people.
    Alpacas are cool! Check out my alpaca blog at http://whitedovesworld.info/whitedoves-world.html

The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.