PDA

View Full Version : What's your Nov. prep goal?

Noahs ARK
10-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I just mailed off 3 orders...

1. Prepared Pantry - 30 packs of bread mix w/yeast included (Sally Lunn, Black Russian, French, Cottage Rye, Irish Potato, Irish Oat) Shelf-life is 2+ years

2. Bell Plantation - 24 pack of dehydrated peanut butter - 12 regular & 12 chocolate

3. Vermont Country Store - 1 case (12 cans) of gingerbread

Still looking for the LED flashlights. If I can't find them this month then I'll order from their website.

Placing an order for 2 WaterBOB's - it fits in your tub and holds up to 100 gallons of water.

Berkey filter still on hold - I've called them 6 times and still no return call!

Still working on water storage - filling empty plastic jugs & bleach bottles.

ETA ~ no credit cards were used for any storage items. :l0 (6):

Sooooooooo - what's on YOUR agenda for November?

Mother55
10-29-2010, 06:20 PM
I have a Berkey water purifier, but I am intigued with the new water purifier on Emergency Essential's web site. It is some kind of white (composite, or plastic material--??) with 4 filters like the Berkey, but it won't dent like the metal Berkey. It works on the same gravity principle flowing down into the bottom reserve with a spigot. The price is a little better too.

I am organizing my basement for more room in November.

Noahs ARK
10-29-2010, 07:06 PM
This one?

KatadynŽ Gravidyn TRK

http://beprepared.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_WP%20F820_A_name_E_KatadynŽ%20G ravidyn%20TRK

mirkwood
10-30-2010, 12:09 AM
DMGNUT or alma has that one or a similar one by Katadyn and really likes it. I've looked at them too, but have not picked the type of filter I want.

CCrane crank radio, .22 ammo (replacing the couple boxes I shot off this summer), Aimpoint ML3 or M4 (trying to decide which).

phylm
10-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Complete inventory of all food and prep supplies, help finish our 12' X 16' new cooled storage room, diagram shelf placement of everything, pound my head on the table because there still isn't room enough!

Noahs ARK
10-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Complete inventory of all food and prep supplies, help finish our 12' X 16' new cooled storage room, diagram shelf placement of everything, pound my head on the table because there still isn't room enough!

That's a good sized room, phylm!

Every time I go downstairs, I look around and try to figure out how to maximize my space. If I move this...If I move that...:eek6:

mirkwood
10-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Complete inventory of all food and prep supplies

I think that is a great idea. One I reccommend to all who have not done this.

Noahs ARK
10-31-2010, 05:47 PM
I think that is a great idea. One I reccommend to all who have not done this.

I have a Master List. It's my favorite thing in the entire world. I'm so weird. :crazy:

Last night I went to WalMart and filled my cart with Aleve, Advil, Motrin, Aspirin, Benadryl, Vitamins, Robitussin, Nyquil, baby powder, deodorant, shampoo, Listerine, toothpaste, etc.

I didn't go into any other section of the store. Those aisles were my target and I got everything I needed. Yay!!

Noahs ARK
11-14-2010, 03:55 PM
My update ~ I'm hustling this month cuz I want to get it all taken care of before Thanksgiving.

Received my 30 packs of bread from Prepared Pantry and ordered 30 more. I only buy the sale items and buy enough to get free shipping. This last order included chipolte tortilla dough and I'm excited to try that.

Received my dehydrated peanut butter from Bell Plantation and I like it a lot. Not as bulky as the #10 cans. Each container makes an equivalent to 18-oz jar, which is good cuz there's only 2 of us.

Received my gingerbread from VCS - labeled & put away.

Ordered my WaterBob's.

Ordered from King Arthur Flour - I bought a large yogurt maker. It makes 2-qts vs those little jars. I like that it will make yogurt cheese!! Also ordered an acrylic bread keeper for my homemade breads.

Ordered my LED flashlights. Got tired of trying to find them.

Still haven't ordered my Berkey filter....maybe December? :toetap05:

Earthling
11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
I found the LED flashlights on Amazon then put them in my cart until they went on sale. On Amazon when an item goes up or down in price, it notifies you in red at the top the next time you view the saved items in your cart. So instead of $17 each, I paid $13.26 - bought 2 for free shipping. sweet . . .

here is the description: "Hybrid Light LLC Solar Flashlight, Black"
Sports; $13.26

Noahs ARK
11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
I found the LED flashlights on Amazon then put them in my cart until they went on sale.

Thank you! I cancelled my order with the other company and ordered 3 from Amazon @ $13.99 each plus free shipping.

:l0 (57):

waif69
11-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Reinventory ammo and buy more and perhaps an additional gun.

North_Star
11-16-2010, 11:10 AM
to be guided by the Holy Ghost.

waif69
11-16-2010, 03:49 PM
That's an answer that my kids would give when they weren't paying attention but wanted some free points.

North_Star
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm paying attention.

caml
11-16-2010, 04:13 PM
I feel like I am sooooo behind!

At home dh is trying to finnish some renos before we freeze while driving back and forth to work 4 hours a day. He is also trying to create contracts with the kids so homelike will start running more smoothly (since we now know we won't all be living in the same house again until he retires.)

I am out in Utah trying to get my first grandbaby to enter the world. Well at least my goal will eventually be very, very rewarding.

Noahs ARK
11-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Yippee ~~ my WaterBob's and LED flashlights got here!!

Just in time to start thinking about my December prep goal. :leaving:

4evermama
11-29-2010, 08:28 PM
December prep goal?????
Hey, I still have 30 hours left for November! :wink (4):

Noahs ARK
11-29-2010, 08:39 PM
December prep goal?????
Hey, I still have 30 hours left for November! :wink (4):

Tick-Tock...Tick-Tock ~~ are you feeling the pressure? :rofl: