PDA

View Full Version : Cannery trip with the cousin

phylm
11-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Got a call from the cousin's husband today. He'd like to make a trip to our Bishop's Storehouse on the 30th. He was wondering how much the price of things have gone up since last spring.

I told him I'd call Monday, and request some price lists, but since the church has large bulk stores of the basic foods, much of it grown by the church, I didn't think it would have changed much. He said that, at the old prices, he already has an order of $800.00 made out, and is waiting for another person to bring him an order. This from the guy who wouldn't listen to talk about emergency prep a couple of years ago.

I'm planning to add some more flour, rice,oatmeal, macaroni and wheat to our stores on that trip. (I've managed to bum some more buckets lately.) And I want to make another run to Sam's Club to load up on more toilet paper, dried fruit, and chocolate bits. Always scheming to add a bit more of dried egg, cheese and butter powder from EE, too.

And PS: our new 12' X 16' storage is nearly ready for shelves. I can't wait!

libertygranny
11-13-2010, 09:06 PM
You can get a price list from the Provident Living site.http://www.providentliving.org/pfw/multimedia/files/pfw/pdf/122384_Jan2010WE_HomeStoragePriceSheet_US_71140_00 0_pdf.pdf

edited to add link.

Noahs ARK
11-14-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm planning to add some more flour, rice,oatmeal, macaroni and wheat to our stores on that trip. (I've managed to bum some more buckets lately.) And I want to make another run to Sam's Club to load up on more toilet paper, dried fruit, and chocolate bits. Always scheming to add a bit more of dried egg, cheese and butter powder from EE, too.

And PS: our new 12' X 16' storage is nearly ready for shelves. I can't wait!

I think I'll be following in your footsteps, phylm. There are days I look at my Master List and think I have enough staples, but then I start experimenting with it and realize it disappears faster than I thought it would.

Can't wait to hear more about your storage area!! I swear food storage and organizing our food storage is my FAVORITE thing in the world. I think I need to get out more. :l0 (51):

phylm
11-16-2010, 08:56 PM
You can get a price list from the Provident Living site.http://www.providentliving.org/pfw/multimedia/files/pfw/pdf/122384_Jan2010WE_HomeStoragePriceSheet_US_71140_00 0_pdf.pdf

edited to add link.

Thanks much for the link! I checked and it came up fine. Now to put a new ink cartridge into my printer, and I'm all set! :l0 (57):