PDA

View Full Version : Our new storage room

phylm
12-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I am so pleased. My husband finished the last of the shelves in our new "pantry" room today. It is 12' X 16' and has shelves around all four sides, with a set of 4' X' 8' shelves in the middle primarily for our home-canned goods. We left room enough under all of the lowest shelves to place buckets under them.

We have to make one more trip to the building supply store for some trim boards for the outside and the door casing, but we can start moving stuff in on Monday. As I said, I'm going to inventory and record everything as we do it.

What a great Christmas gift!!

4evermama
12-04-2010, 09:40 PM
:party:Sending a virtual high-five your way!

Noahs ARK
12-04-2010, 09:41 PM
VERY exciting, phylm!

trublubyu
12-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Pictures? :D

phylm
12-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Pictures? :D

I'll try. Can't find a way to install my old digital camera on this blasted Vista.

We managed to put all our canned goods on the shelves Monday. I kept exclaiming: "I don't remember canning so much of this!"

Hobbled to the temple to work Tuesday, and got all the #10 cans we're going to put out there in place today. My husband was quite perturbed when I suggested that we ought to pull the boxes of #10 cans of miscellaneous foods out from under my twin mattress and replace them with long-term storage--wheat, etc., but he agreed. We put all of that away, too.

Tomorrow, I make corn flake Christmas wreaths for the sisters we'll be teaching in the afternoon. Tonight, I take extra Advil!

signseeker
12-09-2010, 06:59 AM
How big are these corn flake Christmas wreaths?

Noahs ARK
12-09-2010, 06:46 PM
How big are these corn flake Christmas wreaths?

Usually they're just big enough to eat. I can't speak for phylm, but usually they're not big enough to hang on your door. I used to make them for the kids and they loved 'em. http://candy.about.com/od/christmascandy/r/cornflakewreath.htm

phylm
12-09-2010, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=signseeker;69085]How big are these corn flake Christmas wreaths?[/QUOTE

I always made 3 to 4 inch ones for my Primary kids, but these were for families (2 or 3 people), so they are 8 inch ones. I found some Cadbury milk chocolate candy-covered balls--red, green and white-- at a discount, so used them for decoration.

Still have 3 more families to visit, so we'll be making more this weekend.

Some of our RE sisters volunteered to decorate, and furnish with paper table settings, one Christmas Social table each next Saturday night, using a manger scene for a centerpiece. I'm going to do mine in blue, because my creche is white porcelain, with a blue satin cloth under it. I'll have blue plates, but will have red flatware, red bows on the napkins, and other touches of red and green also. :a0 (3):

Noahs ARK
12-09-2010, 11:39 PM
You're always such a busy little bee! :skep:

waif69
12-10-2010, 09:54 AM
If you can get pictures, we would all like to see them. My SWMBO has asked me to replace the older metal shelves with solid wood ones and bit deeper and I will be creating some FIFO racks for proper canned storage rotation. Perhaps one of those racks will come first. hmmm...

signseeker
12-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Okay, I've seen those wreaths made out of rice krispies. Cool - I'm gonna' do that for VT this month. :thumbsup: