View Full Version : Obama Orders Military to Prepare for Spring Food Riots

Earthling
02-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Sarkozy the French President & head of the G-20 group of developed Nations, called for an emergency meeting with Obama this past Monday at the White House. He warned him about the rise in food prices occurring due to an unprecedented series of disasters was threatening the stability of the entire World and could lead to the outbreak of Total Global War. (paraphrased)

rest at this link:http://www.eutimes.net/2011/01/obama-orders-military-to-prepare-for-spring-food-riots/

GAMom
02-08-2011, 07:23 AM
If this doesn't get peoples attention - then what will????

KF7EEC
02-08-2011, 09:06 AM
food riots in the US.

signseeker
02-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Seems like I've been hearing about food running out since 2008. I think it was the late fall of '08 when wheat prices jumped way up and people were thinking "this is it."

Cowboy
02-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Food prices always go up in the spring. Then they drop in the fall after the harvest. I think we would see food riots in the fall if there was no harvest. Just seems a bit early to me.

ktcottle
02-09-2011, 07:54 AM
I stopped in a food storage store yesterday to pick up a few items. Talking with the store owner, he told me that a few of his items have already gone up 30% at his cost. He also informed me that a lot of suppliers have agreements or contracts on food prices for a set period of time (like 6 months, etc). Once this set period of time is over, the price shoots up for the next contract period. His point being, we may not see a significant rise right away because of these contract periods, but we will eventually see them as the contracts begin to expire.