PDA

View Full Version : What's your May prep goal? ...

Noahs ARK
04-25-2011, 03:11 PM
I know this is a few days early, but I'm having surgery early Wednesday morning and will be out of commission for awhile.

Since there's nothing on my agenda for May (except recuperating), it's a good thing I went wild this month, huh?

Prep...Prep...Prep...I look forward to reading all your goals when I get back online.

:heart:

phylm
04-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Will be thinking about you, doll. And will put you on the temple prayer role. (Aren't we lucky that Heavenly Father knows our screen names?!) Get well soon.

signseeker
04-25-2011, 06:19 PM
I have no goals. :001_ssleepy:

Noahs ARK
04-25-2011, 06:29 PM
I have no goals. :001_ssleepy:

I know you do. Don't make me come all the way to your house in my hospital gown. :auto:

JuneGem
04-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Hey! Wait a minute! There's 5 whole days left!

Actually April's goal has now become May's goal. Had problems with the electrician, so the well will be done in May.

Honestly, I haven't thought beyond that, so will have to ponder.

Earthling
04-25-2011, 11:43 PM
I went to 4 stores today for the after Easter sales - wahoo! I am happy to report that I have enough chocolate bunnies for next year. Guess that counts as a one year supply of chocolate rabbits - plus a few other "candy necessities"! :l0 (27):

Noahs ARK
04-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Good job!

We have a Russell Stover outlet near our house. They sell 5-lb boxes of "Bloopers" for $6, but you never know what's inside.

Ew - this last box I bought was nothing but peanut-butter filled chocolate bunnies. Like bunny shaped Reese's PB Cups. Ew Ew Ew - but hubby loves it, so all is well.

OK - signing off for awhile.

Earthling ~ please keep all these little preppers in line until I get back, huh? :l0 (8):

Earthling
04-26-2011, 10:59 PM
OK Preppers - hear that? You are to behave until Noah's Ark gets back . . . and BTW no predicting the end of the world (which we all know is Sept. 22, 2011) or other good stuff.

I think we should all eat something (or order something) from Prepared Pantry in honor of her - and also remember her in our prayers over this food. :a0 (17): I myself am going for the recommended Rocky Road Scones.

Get well soon! We will miss you!

signseeker
04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Seriously, I'm done with goals. Done.

(Do I get to see the hospital gown? :w00t: )

JuneGem
04-27-2011, 08:16 PM
I went to 4 stores today for the after Easter sales - wahoo! I am happy to report that I have enough chocolate bunnies for next year. Guess that counts as a one year supply of chocolate rabbits - plus a few other "candy necessities"! :l0 (27):

I did indulge in purchasing a few bunnies, but the big score was the Hershey's kisses and large bags of M&M's. Just because they are pastel, they are half-price! Hmmmm.... tastes the same to me! Having all this yummy chocolate around also makes for excellent practice in self-control.

DMGNUT
04-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Seriously, I'm done with goals. Done.

(Do I get to see the hospital gown? :w00t: )

You'll have to make that your next goal.

phylm
04-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Noah's Ark came through her surgery. She's hurting and groggy, but called her husband three times today, and even joked with him---asked him if he had been out cleaning up the tree limbs and debris from the storms. He is a quadriplegic, and he is staying alone, although people are looking in on him.

I have placed her and her husband on the temple prayer roll. They can sure use all our prayers.

ghostcat
04-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Noah's Ark came through her surgery. She's hurting and groggy, but called her husband three times today, and even joked with him---asked him if he had been out cleaning up the tree limbs and debris from the storms. He is a quadriplegic, and he is staying alone, although people are looking in on him.

I have placed her and her husband on the temple prayer roll. They can sure use all our prayers.
Thank you for passing on that Info!! am glad to hear she is doing well, but will continue keeping her and her husband in our prayers!!

Noahs ARK
04-30-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm home and feeling a little better - thanks for your prayers.

We're just waiting for the pathology reports now. I had a total hysterectomy, appendectomy, omentectomy and node dissection to rule out ovarian cancer.

It's been a couple of scary weeks - MRI's, ultrasounds, CTs, bloodwork, etc....but it's over now and hopefully with the aggressive surgery the doc performed, any cancer is contained and out. Yay.

phylm
04-30-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm home and feeling a little better - thanks for your prayers.

We're just waiting for the pathology reports now. I had a total hysterectomy, appendectomy, omentectomy and node dissection to rule out ovarian cancer.

It's been a couple of scary weeks - MRI's, ultrasounds, CTs, bloodwork, etc....but it's over now and hopefully with the aggressive surgery the doc performed, any cancer is contained and out. Yay.

:thumbsup: Applause, applause!!!!! That's really good news. Keep on keepin' on!
Hugs, Phylm

faif2d
04-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Glad to hear that the surgery went well. I am always amazed when I wake up that I am still here. Here is hoping that your pathology report is as good as mine was a few years ago.

Noahs ARK
04-30-2011, 08:03 PM
:thumbsup: Applause, applause!!!!! That's really good news. Keep on keepin'. on!
Hugs, Phylm

It was so nice speaking with you today - thanks for checking on me. I went to bed right after we talked and just woke up awhile ago. I'm eating some yogurt.

While I was in the hospital, my order from MREdepot came in - MRE cranberries, pork polytrays, butter. It's gonna be sitting in my entryway for awhile.

ghostcat
04-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Get better fast!!!!

Earthling
05-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I am so glad you are home and doing well. Wow - you are bouncing back fast to already be posting on GLO! I enjoyed some monkey bread & chocolate pancakes from Prepared Pantry in your honor & thought of you. Now I am back on the diet for a couple of weeks - got to look good for Bugnite's wedding!

Hugs,
the Earthling

Noahs ARK
05-01-2011, 10:45 PM
I really am having a good day today - most of the anesthesia and pain meds are leaving my body. I can't spend any more time in bed right now cuz my body hurts, so I'm snuggled on the couch with a blankie, pillows and my laptop. I doze every so often. :lol (2):

I've been checking out the new Honeyville & EE catalogs. :closedeyes:

Thanks for thinking of me while you were eating that yummy food. I'm still stuck on jello, pudding, yogurt & applesauce. My tastebuds are out of whack, but considering I could stand to lose a few pounds, that's probably not such a bad thing. :redface (2):

Noahs ARK
05-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Breaking News ~~ no cancer found in the primary mass. The rest of the path results will be ready on Wed, but it's looking good.

So my GOAL for the rest of this month is to just relax & recuperate. The past few months have been scary and my sense of relief is absolutely overwhelming. (Well...one teeny-weeny order to Honeyville would be okay, right?) :l0 (7):

I have been blessed by our Heavenly Father...time & time again. I will never understand why, but hopefully some day it'll all become clear.

Thanks to every single one of you that sent prayers, pms, e-mails & made phone calls. You'll never know how much it meant to me.

Noahs ARK
05-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Got a small order from Honeyville today - sopapilla mixes, tortilla soup mixes & cheese enchilada soup mixes.

And a cute little honeycomb jar for my honey.

http://www.honeyvillecolorado.com/

They have the best honeycomb if you can't find it locally in your area.

Noahs ARK
05-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Got the rest of my Pathology reports today - also got my stitches out.

No cancer found anywhere. What a miracle.

So - my goal for the rest of the month continues to be healing & recuperating.

Another goal - avoid Amazon.com. That's an evil, evil place to go when your activity is limited and boredom strikes. :d0 (67):

JuneGem
05-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Noah, that is fantastic news! Now just be gentle with yourself.

faif2d
05-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Wonderful news!!! I still remember how relieved I was when I got the same news. Now just take care of yourself and heal.

prairiemom
05-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Good news! Thanks for the update.

JuneGem
05-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Delighted to report that the well installation is in full swing and the driller hit 100 gallons per minute at 120'. That is a great result! Should be in operation in the next day or two, or at least by the end of the week. It was very exciting to watch. All the rock dust and then, suddenly, water! Yippee!

Noahs ARK
05-17-2011, 04:21 PM
JuneGem ~ how exciting!!