PDA

View Full Version : Colorado wet pack cannery closing

arbilad
01-03-2012, 04:12 PM
The Aurora, Colorado wet pack cannery will be closing in a few weeks. The church is closing 4 wet pack canneries across the US, citing the need to consolidate its operations. The dry pack cannery will remain open.

Earthling
01-03-2012, 09:13 PM
very interesting . . . thanks for the info.

LoudmouthMormon
01-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Interesting. So, does that mean we'll be able to place orders but not do the work then?

Or does someone have something against Coloradoans having salsa?

GAMom
01-04-2012, 09:41 AM
I remember when the wet pack cannery closed in Atlanta. What a sad day that was. We nolonger could get the salsa, chili, or other things we canned there. We do still have the dry pack cannery - but it isn't a large as it was back then. Oh well I guess that's progress. Sorry to hear that you guys in Colorado won't have you wet pack cannery either.

LoudmouthMormon
01-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Ah - got the email:

The Presiding Bishopric is closing four wet pack canneries in the United States in an effort to make the welfare system of the Church more efficient. The funds saved from these closures will be used to make the Church welfare system more global in its reach.So I'll be slightly less-blessed in my lack of cannery salsa, but folks in other countries who probably need the services much more, will have increased access.

Guess it's kind of hard to grumble against that.

arbilad
01-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Interesting. So, does that mean we'll be able to place orders but not do the work then?

Or does someone have something against Coloradoans having salsa?

What they have on hand is all there will ever be at that cannery. So stock up on salsa and spaghetti sauce. Of course, the spaghetti sauce won't be available until after 1/23.
It's too bad because I prefer their salsa and spaghetti sauce over store bought.

Earthling
01-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I really like their salsa - best canned I've had and way better than the store.

GAMom
01-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Do you think it would be possible to get their recipe for the salsa & spaghetti sauce???

Abrahamswife
01-05-2012, 11:30 PM
It is not a secret recipe but is in the amounts for thousands of pints. The Salsa isn't what it used to be. Salt Lake made them change it a few years ago so that it was like everyone else. Last batch I got tasted like glorified ketchup.

Earthling
01-06-2012, 11:58 PM
If we could get the original recipe - I could work the math to reduce it to a normal size. :l0 (5):

Toni
01-09-2012, 01:13 AM
If we could get the original recipe - I could work the math to reduce it to a normal size. :l0 (5):

All in favor say "aye" (or click "thanks" on Earthling's post).