View Full Version : Feeling withdrawal from my prep

castle
02-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Been on vacation in florida for the last week, another week to go.

How bad is it, that I feel like I am missing re-organizing my food storage, and am missing out on food sales at home?

mirkwood
02-18-2012, 01:42 PM
It just means you are in tune.

LEVE
02-18-2012, 01:45 PM
It just means you are in tune.... only if you're checking out local prices where you're at and looking for deals!

castle
02-18-2012, 01:57 PM
that's just it, I'm trying to find coupons or deals here in florida that I can pack my car with for the drive home lol

Earthling
02-18-2012, 10:49 PM
When I went to California last year - I went to Trader Joe's and loaded up! Also had a stop at a local grocery store which happened to have mayo on sale so got some jars of that too. Always an opportunity! :clown:

CurtisG
02-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Been on vacation in florida for the last week, another week to go.

That gives me an idea. I should only vacation at places i wouldnt mind being stuck in if the grid is wiped out.
Fiji comes to mind.....

GAMom
02-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey, all you who are west of the Mississippi should feel great that you have such stores as Maceys. That IS the grocery store - not the department store!!! You-all can get your food storage when you go weekly grocery shopping. Where we get to look on the net, etc. to find ours. Not meaning to whine about it though. I'm just jealous!!!!

hiccups
02-19-2012, 08:23 PM
It's not everywhere in the west that has places like that, though. There are still a lot of areas where it's a challenge. I'm in SW Idaho now and it amuses me that I can buy #10 cans of freeze-dried foods at Wal-mart of all places. It's not as easy in Colorado or New Mexico, just to name a couple places I have lived.

Earthling
02-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Walmarts here even have LDS books! I was amazed when I saw that.

ghostcat
02-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Hey, all you who are west of the Mississippi should feel great that you have such stores as Maceys. That IS the grocery store - not the department store!!! You-all can get your food storage when you go weekly grocery shopping. Where we get to look on the net, etc. to find ours. Not meaning to whine about it though. I'm just jealous!!!!
Yep, Maceys is a pretty good place to shop. I worked a second full time job as a cashier for them for a couple years, 20 or so years back. They were a pretty decent place to work. We always shop their case lot sales.