View Full Version : Oregon man bitten by stray cat diagnosed with plague

cHeroKee
06-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Oregon man bitten by stray cat diagnosed with plague (http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/06/15/oregon-man-bitten-by-stray-cat-diagnosed-with-plague/)

Health officials have confirmed that an Oregon man has the plague after he was bitten while trying to take a dead mouse from a stray cat.

The unidentified man, who is in his 50s, remained in critical condition Friday at a Bend hospital. His illness marks the fifth case of plague in Oregon since 1995.

State public health veterinarian Dr. Emilio De Bess says the man was infected when he was bitten by the stray his family had befriended.

The cat's body is being sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for testing.

More than a dozen people who were in contact with the sick man have been notified and are receiving preventive antibiotics.

JayE
06-16-2012, 09:43 PM
I saw this article a day or two ago, and the first thing that came to my mind was, "Why on earth would anyone try to take a mouse from a stray cat?"

iggy
06-16-2012, 10:40 PM
your link isn't working

mirkwood
06-16-2012, 10:53 PM
I saw this article a day or two ago, and the first thing that came to my mind was, "Why on earth would anyone try to take a mouse from a stray cat?"

Cause he is a treehuging Democrat.

CurtisG
06-17-2012, 12:46 AM
....and why dont they have mouse flavored cat food? Does Cowboy have an opinion on the plague cats?
Seriously would be a shame if the next great pandemic started because some derp wouldnt let a cat have his dinner!

thomasusa
06-22-2012, 10:37 AM

He was NOT trying to take the mouse from the cat.
That part of the story was added by a cat loving, big government, liberal editor.
It is just another attempt to make it look like the human's fault.
Soon you will see a followup story about how cats have the right to have dead mice.
There will be a government funded study costing billions on how to prevent humans from trying to take mice from cats.

Same old story. :l0 (59):