PDA

View Full Version : Meat prices going significantly up

arbilad
08-09-2012, 03:07 PM
I just got an email from mredepot.com. Their prices on meat are going significantly up soon because the cost of meat is going way up. The reason for that is the drought and the poor corn harvest.
However, I'm sure it won't be just their prices going up on meat. It sounds like very soon the price of meat will be going up everywhere. So if you need to store more meat, and you have room in your budget to buy right now, I would say that getting meat right now for your storage is the best idea.

kenh
08-09-2012, 04:29 PM
My philosophy is "Thou shalt eat meat sparibbingly. Fire up thy BBQ!":001_302:

CurtisG
08-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Seems like meat prices should go way down at first as cattle is sold at bargain prices. Later when beef going to market becomes scarce prices will skyrocket.

arbilad
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Seems like meat prices should go way down at first as cattle is sold at bargain prices. Later when beef going to market becomes scarce prices will skyrocket.

Yeah, that's what the guy said in the email from mredepot.com, that he thought that would happen. But evidently that is not what is happening.

CurtisG
08-10-2012, 06:49 PM
yikes...price gouging already. :frown (2):

Dolcezza
08-11-2012, 09:03 AM
I read somewhere that cows are fed corn (GM corn by the way) because it is cheaper than other more suitable grains, but health wise they should not consume corn. So...corn prices shouldn't affect their food if they were grazing grass like any normal animal should do. :)
Dolcezza

Don't kill me....!:smash:

arbilad
08-11-2012, 10:08 AM
You are very right, and I'll be going to the farmer's market this morning to get some grass fed beef. I tend to buy in bulk for the entire year.
I'm going to make some corned beef and can it next week. Also, I like canning meatloaf.

Dolcezza
08-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Well done!
This year we decided to give up meat (not fish or eggs) especially after studying herbalism which opened my eyes on its effect on our body.
Also, a very informative movie about the farming industry...

http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/forks_over_knives_2011/

a free movie based on documented scientific research, showing WHY the governments and industry push people to eat animal products, which coincidentally are the main cause of the four big killers: cancer, diabetes, stroke and heart disease. Amazing movie, after which it became very difficult for us to touch any meat or dairies without feeling guilty!

Dolcezza:a0 (8):

CurtisG
08-11-2012, 11:02 AM
You are very right, and I'll be going to the farmer's market this morning to get some grass fed beef.
We had a steer that we were raising on grass and no chemicals but since we couldnt find anybody to share the meat(and processing costs) and so would have needed to buy another big freezer i sold it at auction when cattle prices were up.

ktcottle
08-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Well done!
This year we decided to give up meat (not fish or eggs) especially after studying herbalism which opened my eyes on its effect on our body.
Also, a very informative movie about the farming industry...

http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/forks_over_knives_2011/

a free movie based on documented scientific research, showing WHY the governments and industry push people to eat animal products, which coincidentally are the main cause of the four big killers: cancer, diabetes, stroke and heart disease. Amazing movie, after which it became very difficult for us to touch any meat or dairies without feeling guilty!

Dolcezza:a0 (8):

Because of your advice, i have also learned a lot about herbalism and have pretty much cut back on almost all meat, just a little bit here and there (except for fish and eggs). And I'm watching that movie now - you recommended. Thanks