PDA

View Full Version : Not a rumor

sunsinger
05-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Azure, a food coop, had the biggest day ever when they loaded trucks this past week. It apparently was a surprise to them. They couldn't fill all the orders. I only got less than 20% of my rice pasta order. A few other things were missing as well. The good news is that people are stocking up on food. Maybe 50% of the church will have their food storage when the worst hits?

Charsee
05-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Wouldn't that be cool!

Danika
05-17-2008, 11:57 PM
We have a big group who orders through Azure. It's very frustrating to not get your order. I have storage, and I have animals that need their grain. We keep basics always in stock for them and this time out of 50 bags I got 2.

Equanimity
05-18-2008, 06:42 AM
I doubt 50% will have their food storage. Maybe 15% if we're lucky.

sunsinger
05-18-2008, 08:14 AM
We have a big group who orders through Azure. It's very frustrating to not get your order. I have storage, and I have animals that need their grain. We keep basics always in stock for them and this time out of 50 bags I got 2.
I was told that on one route instead of a single semi that it had a full second trailer when it left the warehouse. The orders were apparently multiple times what they usually have. It must have really caught them unawares. Some things take a month for them to get from their providers. My immediate concern is stocking up on some gluten free items while they are still available. Now I can only assume the price will increase rapidly and we might not be able to get them. My daughter only recently began a gluten free program so we haven't had a long time to build this one up. I am going to see if we can get the order in earlier so they can know to order more for us ahead of time.

Your shortage could put your livestock at risk. I hope you can get caught up.

I doubt 50% will have their food storage. Maybe 15% if we're lucky.

Yes, but there were 5 virgins who were prepared. Maybe we will have enough wake-up calls to get more Saints moving. Or perhaps 35% were truly unable to do more?

DMGNUT
05-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Here's a link to a post I put in the General Chat Section... it seems to be more appropriate here.

http://www.ldsglo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1396