PDA

View Full Version : How prepared are you? - National Geographic prepper survey

JayE
12-08-2012, 08:20 AM
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/interactives/how-prepped-are-you1/

It's not a perfect survey, but it is interesting.

libertygranny
12-08-2012, 09:45 AM
we kept getting phone calls every night from a "survey" company asking us about our preps. The weird thing is, they keep asking for the same general info only they ask a different question each time they call. For example, one night they asked if we had a supply of food in our house that would last 2 weeks...the next night they called and asked if we knew how to prepare food in an emergency....this has been going on for about a week. Of course we don't "take" the survey and finally last night I told them to take my phone number off their call list.

The other weird thing...the number comes up as an 801 area code, Ogden, UT. Were they trying to make me think they were a food storage company and they just want my business or were they from fema trying to find out what I had??? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter. You can call me paranoid, I've been called worse, but I will not tell anyone what I have.

LoudmouthMormon
12-08-2012, 09:59 AM
I love how the "how many guns do you have" slider's maximum is five.

Earthling
12-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Liberty Granny - I live in Ogden but we don't have food storage companies here to speak of. If you capture their phone number I can do a reverse search and find out who they are. If your phone captures that info you can go back and check it.

libertygranny
12-08-2012, 11:44 AM
here's the ph # 801-823-2021

let me know what you find out.

incorrigible
12-08-2012, 01:57 PM
here's the ph # 801-823-2021

let me know what you find out.

I was curious, so I googled it.

http://www.callercenter.com/801-823-2021.html

Seems like a poorly run survey company. Automated dialing system just keeps feeding your number to the workers. Hopefully they'll add you to their do not call list after the first request, but after reading the comments I would expect it might take a couple requests for someone to enter the data correctly.

CurtisG
12-08-2012, 03:40 PM
"Have you standardized your weapons?" My answer is no...i wonder how that changed my rating. I am aware of the advantages of standardization but having weapons in various common calibers has its advantages.

phylm
12-08-2012, 04:21 PM
My answer: What weapon??

goldilocks
12-08-2012, 07:48 PM
People are nuts to even take a survey like that. it can become public record and they can get your computer ID number if you do it and know where you live. I won't take any survey ever about my so called prepps.