PDA

View Full Version : Honey

Dr.Jride
09-27-2013, 07:08 AM
The honey crop is in. This is raw filtered honey, straight from the hive. Best tasting honey ever! I have some limited supplies for sale. #3 bottles for $15, and #1.5 bottles for $8. I don't ship, but if you are in the Salt Lake area (West Jordan) you can PM me and pick it up.

mirkwood
09-27-2013, 09:09 AM
I will be in touch soon!

iggy
09-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Wished I did live there - has anyone used the powdered honey sold by Auguson Farms? The first time I saw it on the shelf at Walmart, I couldn't believe it. I went online @ Walmart, looked it up and read the comments. There is one that says the person would never buy *real* honey again. That they were tired of wasting money by throwing it out after it crystalized. Talk about doing a *Face Palm*. I did restrain myself from responding -

Am I the only one who is glad when the honey crystallizes? To me that means it is RAW aka Unprocessed. That is why I bought my 1/2 cup size, stainless scoop - to scrap the honey out of the bucket. My source has quit the honey business. Dad & Son have passed on and Grandsons and Granddaughters hate the bees. So they got rid of them. Sigh - they had THE BEST honey on the Oregon Coast!!! If you showed them your Temple Recommend you got a 5 gallon bucket for $5.00! Didn't bother me that I had to remove a few bees and parts of honeycombs.

IF this powdered honey is good - then I will get a can or three.

mirkwood
09-27-2013, 08:21 PM
I have cans of powdered honey in storage, but I have never used any.

DMGNUT
09-27-2013, 11:45 PM
I don't know if Crocket Honey is just local or if they market to a much bigger area.
But their plant is here local in Tempe, AZ; and they have a small "store front" so you can buy direct (with great savings) instead of at Safeway, Frys, etc...
I have 6 gallons in 1 gallon pails... I need more...

iggy
09-28-2013, 04:30 AM
Thanks, I live on the Central Oregon Coast. The nearest honey place, processes their honey - refuses to sell it raw. They lost two retail outlets when I pointed out that the honey was processed. There is one other that is 36 miles south of me. Once I hunt down their phone number, I'll call and get directions to their farm. There is no sense in purchasing raw honey that is NOT produced locally, and that is processed. I want the pollen, I want a few bees and the honeycombs. I don't care if it crystallizes. Honey NEVER goes bad.

still_waiting
10-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Honey is a great storage item for so many uses. I won't be buying any right now because we're pretty well stocked up and finances are tight. Just a thought to ponder regarding price.......we had to discard some bulged and leaking cans of honey recently that we got from her folks when they moved out of state. That was about 25 years ago and it was getting a little old even then. The price marked on one of the 5 lb cans was $1.95!!! Those were the days, but I think gas was about a quarter a gallon at that time too.

Noahs ARK
10-02-2013, 07:14 PM
I buy the whipped honey in 5-lb tubs - love it! My neighbor sells honey and gives us all the honeycomb that some people don't like.

Seriously? Are there people that don't like honeycomb?

I recently bought some of the powdered honey but haven't tried it yet. It's packed away for a rainy day.